SiS 6326 Video Card Problems

Post by HillBo » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I originally installed RH 6.0 with an ATI Rage Pro 3D PCI card using the
Mach64 Xserver. Everything was groovy and worked smoothly under RH 6.0 &
6.1. For some reason, the ATI card died suddenly so I got an SiS 6326 AGP
card. The hardware update procedure in 6.1 started running but failed to
load the SVGA Xserver because it couldn't read the CDROM drive.  I reran
setup from the CD and selected Upgrade which ran to completion. Now when
Linux attempts to start Xwindows, the monitor screen flickers on & off
rapidly. I need to rerun Xconfigurator to correct this but first I must boot
up in text mode. Does anyone know how to force RH to do this? If so, please
email me the details. Thanks in advance.

--
HillBoy

(Remove NOSPAM to Reply)

SiS 6326 Video Card Problems

Post by o.. » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

at lilo prompt
linux init=/bin/bash
then press enter
linux start in single user mode
at prompt remount the drive so you
can get acces to change the inittab
commands
mount -o remount - rw /dev/hda1

you can now run setup

*if hda1 or your boot drive
manually to change default load
cd /etc
pico inittab
change
:5
:3

reboot

Good luck

In article

.home.com>,

Quote:> I originally installed RH 6.0 with

an ATI Rage Pro 3D PCI card using
the
Quote:> Mach64 Xserver. Everything was

groovy and worked smoothly under RH
6.0 &
Quote:> 6.1. For some reason, the ATI card

died suddenly so I got an SiS 6326
AGP
Quote:> card. The hardware update

procedure in 6.1 started running but
failed to
Quote:> load the SVGA Xserver because it

couldn't read the CDROM drive.  I
reran
Quote:> setup from the CD and selected

Upgrade which ran to completion. Now
when
Quote:> Linux attempts to start Xwindows,

the monitor screen flickers on & off
Quote:> rapidly. I need to rerun

Xconfigurator to correct this but
first I must boot
Quote:> up in text mode. Does anyone know

how to force RH to do this? If so,
please

> email me the details. Thanks in
advance.

> --
> HillBoy

> (Remove NOSPAM to Reply)

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

SiS 6326 Video Card Problems

Post by Leif James Burro » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I do not know if there is a way to do this or not.  What I have always
done if my video configuration was bad is just to let X start even if it
isn't viewable and then hold alt and press the F2 key to start a new
virtual console.  Then just run Xconfigurator and reboot.

- I originally installed RH 6.0 with an ATI Rage Pro 3D PCI card using the
- Mach64 Xserver. Everything was groovy and worked smoothly under RH 6.0 &
- 6.1. For some reason, the ATI card died suddenly so I got an SiS 6326 AGP
- card. The hardware update procedure in 6.1 started running but failed to
- load the SVGA Xserver because it couldn't read the CDROM drive.  I reran
- setup from the CD and selected Upgrade which ran to completion. Now when
- Linux attempts to start Xwindows, the monitor screen flickers on & off
- rapidly. I need to rerun Xconfigurator to correct this but first I must boot
- up in text mode. Does anyone know how to force RH to do this? If so, please
- email me the details. Thanks in advance.
-
- --
- HillBoy

-
- (Remove NOSPAM to Reply)

-
-
-

1. SiS 6326 AGP Video Card Problems

Having trouble getting X-Windows to display fonts with a SiS 6326 AGP
3D video Card w/8 mb SDRAM. Have Mandrake 6.1 installed on a Dual
Celeron 450 Intel BX motherboard with 128 mb of RAM. SiS 6326 AGP card
was listed in the setup, but no matter what resolution I use, most
fonts/words  are just displayed as a black rectangle.  Any ideas? Is
there and updated driver for this card?

Thanks!

2. This is ALl VERY WELL!!

3. SIS 6326 AGP 8MB video card prob

4. clear the interface statistics

5. SiS 6326 video card

6. 9GB Hard Drive

7. X with SiS 6326 AGP 8MB video card

8. Server/Client design issue

9. Driver for SiS 6326 8Mb AGP video card

10. SiS 6326 AGP Video Card and X11

11. Troubles with SiS 6326 Video card

12. Help, SiS 6326 Video Card

13. Need a driver "SIS 6326 AGP" video card