Kppp DNS setup

Post by Thuyen Xuan Nguy » Tue, 27 Jul 1999 04:00:00

I've installed Mandrake's Linux (RedHat 6.0), and trying to setup Kppp
to use dynamic DNS like windows 95 DUN, where your isp server assigns
the dns when you log on.  Is it possible with Linux Kppp?  Please
help.

Regards,
Thuyen

Kppp DNS setup

Post by Jon Keatin » Tue, 27 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Nope, you have to specify them in the kppp setup

Kppp DNS setup

Post by Olivier Poule » Thu, 29 Jul 1999 04:00:00

> I've installed Mandrake's Linux (RedHat 6.0), and trying to setup Kppp
> to use dynamic DNS like windows 95 DUN, where your isp server assigns
> the dns when you log on.  Is it possible with Linux Kppp?  Please
> help.

> Regards,
> Thuyen

No. You have to specify them. If you're dual-booting the machine with
Win 95, launch a connection and run winipcfg, ask for more details and
write down the 2 DNS adresses.
--
Olivier Poulet

1. How can I setup my DNS when my ISP DNS crashes

Running bind 9.1.2 with an internal and an external zone.

Frequently, now days, my ISP's servers crash and my two local
dns servers then fail to provide external name resolution during
those lapses.  My WWW/FTP servers remain visible to the outside,
because I switched to Netsol for my domain's external DNS.
However, I am now blind internally and end up having to go to
tracert.com(/etc/hosts) for manual name resolution...

Question, I do have a "." zone and db.root defined, but no joy.
How do I get bind to feed its cache from the internet root
servers, when my ISP forwarders are down???

TIA
tonyb

--
  __      __  _     I N C.               http://www.sysdev.org

\__ \ \/\__ \||)|/ O_)\/ /        \/  System Tools / Utilities
|___/ || ___/|_ /\___|\_/        WIntel / Linux Device Drivers

2. Unexpected busfree (3.3-R)

3. DNS/named/dns database setup step?

4. diald problem

5. dns setup or apache setup?

6. Looping through parameters

7. dns setup or apache setup or neither?

8. Message for Newbies

9. KPPP and DNS

10. KDE 1.92--->Problem with kppp (DNS)

11. No DNS with KPPP