lilo running is giving the following lines as error..

lilo running is giving the following lines as error..

Post by v.nagasriniva » Fri, 31 Aug 2001 05:12:20

I edited the lilo.conf and running the command /sbin/lilo,
i got the following lines..

Warning: device 0x0306 exceeds 1024 cylinder limit
geo_comp_addr: Cylinder number is too big (1146 > 1023).

what does it mean..?

v.nagasrinivas
b4,q1,6th floor,*towers,
hi-tech city, madhapur,
Hyderabad-500033
INDIA.
ph:091-040-3110200
visitme:http://www.veryComputer.com/

--
Posted from ns.stph.net [196.12.32.2]
via Mailgate.ORG Server - http://www.veryComputer.com/

lilo running is giving the following lines as error..

Post by nus » Fri, 31 Aug 2001 10:13:57

Quote:> I edited the lilo.conf and running the command /sbin/lilo,
> i got the following lines..

> Warning: device 0x0306 exceeds 1024 cylinder limit
> geo_comp_addr: Cylinder number is too big (1146 > 1023).

> what does it mean..?

> v.nagasrinivas
> b4,q1,6th floor,*towers,
> hi-tech city, madhapur,
> Hyderabad-500033
> INDIA.
> ph:091-040-3110200
> visitme:http://www.veryComputer.com/

> --
> Posted from ns.stph.net [196.12.32.2]
> via Mailgate.ORG Server - http://www.veryComputer.com/

I got the same error when I installed RH7.1 on my laptop. All you need to do
is the following:
-- boot linux using a boot disk
-- Edit /etc/lilo.conf and add the line
              lba32
-- Delete the line with the word "linear" if present.
-- Run lilo
            lilo -v -v
and that's it.

Redhat.com warns, however, that some motherboards do not support lba32. So,
it is possible that
the above may not work. Good luck.

Nasseef

http://www.veryComputer.com/ - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!

1. lilo running giving the following error lines....

I edited the lilo.conf and running the command /sbin/lilo,
i got the following lines..

Warning: device 0x0306 exceeds 1024 cylinder limit
geo_comp_addr: Cylinder number is too big (1146 > 1023).

what does it mean..?

thanks,
srinivas
http://nagasrinivasv.reach.at

2. Problems with Netscape RX plug-in

4. US - CT: C/Unix Programmer Needed

5. i am getting the following error while installing LRP onto Hard disk?

6. Can't get things to run on startup

7. i am getting the following error?

8. Olivetti 5040 mit Linux ??

9. I am getting the following errors with PPP...

10. when trying rsh giving the following error, what i forgot?

11. kernel 1.3.80 gives the following error on boot up:

12. Ensuring a line follows another line

13. How can awk can read the following lines of a line searched?