SLIP-dip script dies at end

Post by Matthew Miszews » Sat, 07 Jan 1995 00:25:21

Ive modded a chat script enough to get to the end of my dynamic server
login process.  dip even parses the addresses at the end.  However, it
wont finish the job.  It gives an error similar to (going from memory -
ugh!):

DIP: set_ip: invalid parameter.

and hangs until i hit return when i get my # prompt back but no
slip....althought he process is still running?  What did i do wrong?

Matt

SLIP-dip script dies at end

Post by Stormy Henders » Sat, 07 Jan 1995 12:54:38

   DIP: set_ip: invalid parameter.

   and hangs until i hit return when i get my # prompt back but no
   slip....althought he process is still running?  What did i do wrong?

Well, show us the offending line...mine works, and is: get $locip remote 10

Be happy...

    ,---------------------------------------------------------------------.
    |-- Stormy Sebastian Henderson --------- Backwards compatibility is --|

SLIP-dip script dies at end

Post by Sang Y. Y » Sun, 08 Jan 1995 02:19:55

>   DIP: set_ip: invalid parameter.

>   and hangs until i hit return when i get my # prompt back but no
>   slip....althought he process is still running?  What did i do wrong?

>Well, show us the offending line...mine works, and is: get $locip remote 10

>Be happy...

>    ,---------------------------------------------------------------------.
>    |-- Stormy Sebastian Henderson --------- Backwards compatibility is --|

>    `---------------------------------------------------------------------'

Would you mind posting your dip script? I have static IP address for my SLIP
connection and everything seems ok in terms of connecting to the server. My
problem is that, when it reaches the end of dip script, the line gets disconnected.

How do I end exit dip script without dropping the connection?

Thanks

Sang

---

 /\ /\  100 N. Sepulveda Blvd.      |
/// \\\ El Segundo, Calif. 90245    | Ph: (310) 524-7685  FAX: (310) 524-5515

SLIP-dip script dies at end

Post by Stormy Henders » Sun, 08 Jan 1995 16:32:43

   Would you mind  posting your dip script? I have static  IP address for
   my SLIP connection  and everything seems ok in terms  of connecting to
   the server. My problem is that, when it reaches the end of dip script,
   the line gets disconnected.

My dip script is below my .signature.

   How do I end exit dip script without dropping the connection?

Urm, mode CSLIP?

Be happy...

    ,---------------------------------------------------------------------.
    |-- Stormy Sebastian Henderson --------- Backwards compatibility is --|

##
##  /usr/local/lib/storm.dip
##
##  Created by Stormy Henderson, December 6th, 1994.
##

SETUP:
    chatkey     NO\sCARRIER     4
    chatkey     NO\sDIALTONE    5
    chatkey     BUSY            6

    port /dev/modem
    speed 38400

DIAL:
    dial t325-2830 90
    if $errlvl != 1 goto REDIAL

    sleep 1

    send \r\n\r\n
    wait TS 10
    if $errlvl != 0 goto REDIAL

    send slip /c\n

    get $mtu 296
    get $remote 130.18.116.1
    get $locip remote 30

##  The next two lines print out the IP address I got on this dialin, this
##  output is directed to a tmp file, and then the address is grepped from
##  it and put into /etc/hosts.

    print 127.0.0.1 localhost loopback lo
    print $locip Rain.MsState.EDU Rain

    default
    mode CSLIP
    goto EXIT

REDIAL:

sleep 1
goto DIAL

EXIT:

SLIP-dip script dies at end

Post by Dan Bro » Sun, 08 Jan 1995 09:38:49

>>   DIP: set_ip: invalid parameter.

>>   and hangs until i hit return when i get my # prompt back but no
>>   slip....althought he process is still running?  What did i do wrong?

>>Well, show us the offending line...mine works, and is: get $locip remote 10

>>Be happy...

>>    ,---------------------------------------------------------------------.
>>    |-- Stormy Sebastian Henderson --------- Backwards compatibility is --|

>>    `---------------------------------------------------------------------'

>Would you mind posting your dip script? I have static IP address for my SLIP
>connection and everything seems ok in terms of connecting to the server. My
>problem is that, when it reaches the end of dip script, the line gets disconnected.

>How do I end exit dip script without dropping the connection?

set the modem to either ignore dtr or if possible, have a longer dtr
drop before it drops the connection... that is,  if I remember correctly.

;-)

--

    "...Jail is fun if you scare your cellmates." Rocky Brockway

SLIP-dip script dies at end

Post by Jeff Warringt » Tue, 10 Jan 1995 22:27:18

Quote:>Would you mind posting your dip script? I have static IP address for my SLIP
>connection and everything seems ok in terms of connecting to the server. My
>problem is that, when it reaches the end of dip script, the line gets disconnected.

>How do I end exit dip script without dropping the connection?

When my dip process exits (dropping carrier) immediatly after claiming
success, it's because slattach died on the other end.

Jeff Warrington..............................................RTFAQ

SLIP-dip script dies at end

Post by Uri Blumenth » Wed, 11 Jan 1995 09:01:17

Quote:> Would you mind posting your dip script? I have static IP address for my SLIP
> connection and everything seems ok in terms of connecting to the server. My
> problem is that, when it reaches the end of dip script, the line gets disconnected.
> How do I end exit dip script without dropping the connection?

You exit the script with "mode ...." command (i.e. "mode CSLIP")
and DIP will finish the script execution itself.

Now if you want to drop the connection - you type "dip -k".
--
Regards,

------------
<Disclaimer>
everyone else's.

SLIP-dip script dies at end

Post by Uri Blumenth » Wed, 11 Jan 1995 09:11:00

> >How do I end exit dip script without dropping the connection?

> set the modem to either ignore dtr or if possible, have a longer dtr
> drop before it drops the connection... that is,  if I remember correctly.

DON'T!  Just leave it alone. Best would be to review the sample
scripts that come with the DIP source kit.
--
Regards,

------------
<Disclaimer>
everyone else's.

1. SLIP with dip on both ends

Hello,

I am trying to SLIP into a Linux machine from my Linux machine using dip.
All works well when SLIrP (the slip emulator) is on the server and dip is
on the client, but when I set diplogin as my shell on my remote account
(to do real slip), it dials up and all, and the remote machine goes all
the way to the point of saying "starting CSLIP," but nothing works.  I've
tried various gateways including the remote machine's IP address, but it
still fails to work.  Netmask and IP's are, as far as I know, set
correctly.  The kernel on the client is 1.2.8 and the kernel on the server
is 1.2.3.  Both have dip-3.3.7n.

Any ideas?

Justin Dobbs

2. Modem dropping characters

3. How do I end a dip/ SLIP session

4. mem=XXX in LILO

5. SLIP died in 1.1.77+ w/ DIP

6. Xmgr Release 2.01 available

7. All connections through SLIP (DIP) die!

8. Red Hat 5.2

9. dip drops carrier after script ends

10. DIP actual error at end of script:::Sorry i was tired.

11. Dip dies "DIP must never be here!!"

12. SLIP : Busy recognition in dip - script

13. Need DIP script for us.net / SLIP account