Ouch !!

Post by Dominic Baine » Thu, 27 Nov 1997 04:00:00

Oops .... deleted a load of stuff whilst in the wrong directory and
can't get two devices up and running.

HP Deskjet          LPT1
HP Deskjet 500      LPT2

Anyone recall what the printcap file entries for these should look like
be to get them working ?

Thanks,

Dominic Baines

Ouch !!

Post by Sean H. Henrique » Thu, 27 Nov 1997 04:00:00

if u get them via email could u post them here or email them to me as
well...i have the same printer and i've still not configured it correctly
;-()

thx

> Oops .... deleted a load of stuff whilst in the wrong directory and
> can't get two devices up and running.

> HP Deskjet          LPT1
> HP Deskjet 500      LPT2

> Anyone recall what the printcap file entries for these should look like
> be to get them working ?

> Thanks,

> Dominic Baines

     *****

     I'm allergic to SPAM...Please remove the NOSPAM- from my address
     before
     replying to me!

     SPAM = JUNK MAIL

     Pursuant to US Code, Title 47, Chapter 5, Subchapter II,
     Sec. 227, any and all unsolicited commercial e-mail sent to
     this address
     is  subject to a download and archival fee in the amount of $100
     (U.S.);
     e-mailing denotes acceptance of these terms.

     Exception: Any mail sent in reply to a newgroup item posted
     by me, will be exempted from the download and archival fee.
     The mail must refer directly to a topic posted by me and its
     contents must be relevant to the topic. Any attempt to send me email
     with contents unrelated to the subject will not be exempt from the
     download and archival fee.

     ******

1. Ouch!!!

<http://linuxtoday.com/news_story.php3?ltsn=2002-12-02-020-26-SC-SV-SW>

|An attacker can send a fully legal email message with a crafted
|From-header and thus forcing pine to core dump on startup.

the solution is simple...

|SOLUTION
|
|It is recommended that all Gentoo Linux users who are running
|net-mail/pine-4.44-r5 and earlier update their systems as follows:
|
|emerge rsync
|emerge pine
|emerge clean

there, that wasn't so difficult now was it...

--
Paul Cooke
  Registered Linux user 273897 Machine registration number 156819

2. running 2.4.2 kernel under 4MB Ram

3. ouch kerneld message and kernel 2.1.85

4. CERT Advisory

5. 2.1.71: "Ouch, no kerneld for message %ld\n"

6. Newbie: X w/RIVA TNT

7. Read-only filesystem... ouch.

8. Attn: AWK GURUS (Generic Search)

9. Q: kerneld: Ouch, kerneld timed out, messages failed.

10. 3c589c ouch!

11. Linux file table overflow... ouch!!

12. Cutting off finger (ouch!)

13. ouch!! Too many open files in system