Mounting Cd on HP force845CD?

Post by fpauli » Wed, 28 Jun 1995 04:00:00

Does anyone know what boot/ root disks i would need to recognize the CD
rom drive in the  HP Force845CD?.

--
Frank Paulino

100% Liberal Conservative.....finger for public key.

Post by gary schreib » Wed, 28 Jun 1995 04:00:00

: Does anyone know what boot/ root disks i would need to recognize the CD
: rom drive in the  HP Force845CD?.

: --
: Frank Paulino

: 100% Liberal Conservative.....finger for public key.

Um, are you surethat's an *HP* Force 845CD, or is that a PB (Packard Bell)
Force 845CD?  I suspect the latter, because it sounds like a Pacard Bell
model name (I sell 'em..., or at least used to until I switched positions...
B^}  )...

LaTeR...

--

        of Desolate Weyr        |

I've just ploughed through the entirety of misc,hardware and setup, to no
avail;  I installed Linux from the sbpcd boot disk (as I have a Panasonic
CD-ROM drive hanging off a SoundBlaster-compat. card), and the CD-ROM drive
chugged away happily to give me the OS.  However, my concerns about the size of
everything I was prompted to install made me decide NOT to install the linux
source.

Now, when I boot up the CD drive cannot be mounted because of 'wrong fs, blah
blah, or other error'.  I interrogated sbpcd.h (I *did* install the includes)
and the setup was incorrect.  Because I can't mount the CD drive I can't get
the source off the CD - re-booting off the boot disk (sbpcd) and trying a
reinstall  from the CD using setup gives a warning that the CD drive can't be
mounted.

Should I delete the linux partition and start from scratch again?  I do really
need to access the CD drive, and I realise now that it is kind of useful to
have the OS source.

Apart from that, it's great having a proper OS on my PC at last!

John

2. Anybody use xtex (dvi previewer for X11)?

3. Mounting CD ROM vs. Mounting CD ROM

4. NFS, OSR 5.0.2, Win95

5. Reading CD-R & CD-RW with an ATAPI HP 7200e CD-Writer on RH 6.0...

6. FreeBSD and Intel Pro/100 VM (ethernet card).

7. CD-R/CD-RW (HP CD-Writer+ 7570i)

8. X11 -- remote connection

9. HP CD-RW hangs my machine when mounting it!!!!

10. can't get HP cd writer to mount

11. unable to mount HP CD-ROM on AIX

12. HP CDWriter+ 9200 (SCSI) - CDWriting is fine, cannot mount normal CD

13. can't mount HP cd-writer 9100