how to setup a isa arnet multiport serial board uner redhat 6.1

how to setup a isa arnet multiport serial board uner redhat 6.1

Post by Chris Tenne » Sun, 14 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Do I have to load drivers first or define a com port.???  I am lost.  I read
the man page on setserial but it did not help

chris

1. high speed serial boards (was Re: Multiport serial boards)

I am interested to hear more info on the Ethernet based terminal servers
mentioned above for the low entry models.

In fact I have the following situation: one linux box used to link via
SLIP serial connections and LEASED lines my LAN with two other LAN'S
(at both other ends of the lines there are linux boxes). The connections
use two pairs of Penril modems (for leased lines) and some home made
scripts (usual slattach, ifconfig and route stuff). All three serial ports
on the main linux box are now used.
Now all three linux boxes serial boards don't support more than 9600 bps
while the modems support 28,8 kbps and I would like to rise the speed
of the serial lines.

For the moment I don't have a good idea how to do it. Indeed using
terminal servers could turn to be not only expensive but also could lead
to some routing problems. On the other hand using high speed serial boards
could lead to problems concerning the special drivers and the fact that
here I don't seek the usual "logging (dialing) into a linux box process" but
connecting LAN's 24 hours per day with a resonable automatized mechanism
of recovery in case of failure.

If someone can help me with these problems, please reply also to:

Thank you.
Nicolae Mihalache

Institut de Mathematiques de Jussieu

2. Upgrading 2.2 to 2.3

3. L4-MANUAL: for the old STB 4COM Multiport serial boards ISA

4. svc ?!

5. LINUX and Arnet 8 port multiport serial card, supported?

6. buffer mem

7. Boca Board Multiport Serial Board

8. AIFd process and PERC3/3i on 2450

9. Serial Driver for Arnet SmartPort Board (?)

10. Please Help Internal Modem won't work uner Red Hat 6.1

11. linux driver for multiport boards of isa interface!

12. ISA Card Setup in Mandrake 6.1