linux mount error

Post by <gar.. » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I have tried installing Phat Linux 3.2 several ways and I get an error
that reads:  Kernel panic :  VFS : Unable to mount root fs on 07:07.  Any
ideas?  Thanks.

linux mount error

Post by Roger Erdma » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

What directory did you install Phat in?  C:\phat?  If not, that is where it
needs to be.  Also, the password is phat (all lowercase).  There are a
couple of errors in the User Manual.

Quote:> I have tried installing Phat Linux 3.2 several ways and I get an error
> that reads:  Kernel panic :  VFS : Unable to mount root fs on 07:07.  Any
> ideas?  Thanks.

> --

1. SGI & Linux mount errors

Hello,

I have some Linux (slackware 3.4) and SGI (Irix 6.3) boxes that I'm
networking together.  So far I seem to have had no problem mounting
linux directories on the SGI.  But today I tried mounting some of the
SGI directories on my linux machines, and ...

Initially everything seemed perfect.  I edited the SGI's /etc/exports
according to the man page (I didn't find anything in the System
administrator app).  I then edited all the Linux /etc/fstabs.  Then
mount -a and all was happy.

Now I've just rebooted a linux machine and saw a mount error.  Sure
enough, when I try to:

        mount /sgi_dir

I get:

        rpc mount: RPC: Unable to receive; errno = Connection refused

Here is the entry from the SGI /etc/exports:

        /snd.apollo klang harmony largo jangle presto hendrix
        /snd.apollo
-rw,root=klang,root=harmony,root=largo,root=jangle,root=presto,root=hendrix

And here is the corresponding entry from the Linux /etc/fstab

        apollo:/snd.apollo /snd.apollo nfs
rsize=8192,wsize=8192,timeo=14,intr

When I just logged into the SGI it showed me an error message about
mountd looping or something and how it was terminating it.

I have no idea how to make these guys talk to each other.

Anybody with some tweaking tips?

DT
--
Technical Director, Virginia Center for Computer Music
Programmer / Analyst, Dean's Office (School of A&S)

2. Root access from remote terminal/login?

3. Linux mount error during installation

4. SunBlade 150 with IntraServer ITI-6200

5. mount error: mount only root can mount /dev/cdrom on cdrom

6. Watcom C++? (was Re: Borland C++ & Linux [update])

7. Problems redirecting e-mail

8. Mounting Cdroms in SunOS 4.14 - error unable to mount hsfs

9. mount gives error: mount point doesn't exist!

10. nfs mount gives mount:RPC:Timed out error

11. Install Problems: Error mounting /dev/wcd0c on /dist: Input/output error (5)

12. NFS mounting, RPC: Authentication error, I/O error