Where to find ksh93 and perl for NT 4.0 ?

Where to find ksh93 and perl for NT 4.0 ?

Post by Charles Rot » Sun, 01 Dec 1996 04:00:00

The "^Subject: " line just about says it all.

According to Balachander Krishnamurthy ("Practical Reusable UNIX
Software"), a version of ksh93 _does_ exist for NT.  And by heaven,
he ought to know .. for the web page I downloaded _Linux_ ksh93 from
at AT&T uses that work as a tie-in.

"The URL ?!?", I hear you cry ...  :^)

    http://www.research.att.com/sw/tools/reuse/

And, pray tell, where can I find an NT version of Perl 5 ? Perl 5.003
by preference ?

Thanks in advance.

--

                                 | Chapter 5, Subchapter II, 227, any and
#include "witty_saying.h"        | all nonsolicited commercial E-mail sent
                                 | to this address is subject to a download
A few useful, uncommon Linux     | and archival fee in the amount of
tools may be found at            | $500 US.  E-mailing denotes acceptance
http://www.aa.net/~croten        | of these terms.

Post by K O » Sun, 01 Dec 1996 04:00:00

>The "^Subject: " line just about says it all.

>According to Balachander Krishnamurthy ("Practical Reusable UNIX
>Software"), a version of ksh93 _does_ exist for NT.  And by heaven,
>he ought to know .. for the web page I downloaded _Linux_ ksh93 from
>at AT&T uses that work as a tie-in.

>"The URL ?!?", I hear you cry ...  :^)

>    http://www.research.att.com/sw/tools/reuse/

>And, pray tell, where can I find an NT version of Perl 5 ? Perl 5.003
>by preference ?

>Thanks in advance.

>--

>                                 | Chapter 5, Subchapter II, 227, any and
>#include "witty_saying.h"        | all nonsolicited commercial E-mail sent
>                             | to this address is subject to a download
>A few useful, uncommon Linux     | and archival fee in the amount of
>tools may be found at            | $500 US.  E-mailing denotes acceptance
>http://www.aa.net/~croten        | of these terms.

        www.cygnus.com under gnu-win32 has some ports of unix apps to NT/95.
Check it out.

Post by John H. Doughtr » Wed, 04 Dec 1996 04:00:00

> And, pray tell, where can I find an NT version of Perl 5 ? Perl 5.003
> by preference ?

MKS Toolkit. Contains 200+ Unix utilities (including Perl, ksh, awk, and
much more) for either NT 4.0 (3.51 version does not support Perl) and
OS/2. Cost is around $275 US dollars. Check out your favorite software
distribution magazine for a dealer nearest you. If no luck, Programmers'
Paradise is one distributor.

1. Problems setting up Perl to run under Apache on Windows NT 4.0

Every time I run a perl file from CGI it gives me an internal server
error, and the logs say it couldn't spawn the child process.

I've installed Perl, and it runs just dandy.  I associated .pl files
with Perl and then Perl with my perl binary.  If I add
.pl to my PATHEXT I can type the base name of the command.  That all
works fine.  I'm happy with that.  I change PATHEXT in my autoexec.bat
file.  I've also tried adding it to my Environment using MS's little
system applets and stuff.

I set up Apache to use a cgi-bin directory.  I can execute .com, .exe,
.bat, and .cmd files (as this is what is in the default PATHEXT
variable).  I created a test.bat file, ran that under CGI to print all
my environment variables, and came up with PATHEXT not changing for
an arbitrary process.  I tried using a SetEnv, and now PATHEXT
changes, but it still gives me a server error.

I'm rather annoyed with this, and I'm just posting here to check with
other peoples' experience with Perl and Apache under NT
workstation 4.0.  I want to try using an ISAPI extension (because my
Perl came with a PerlIS.dll which is an ISAPI), but I want to
associate .pl or .cgi files with perl, and I think I need some sort
of double indirection to do that (as in: .pl->perl isapi->isapi
module?)

thanx for any insight you can get me.  I looked on the net, but the
information I found for setting up perl only dealt with other windows
servers, and ignored Apache completely.

2. MAC 00:4C:69:6E:75:79

3. Apache 1.3a on NT 4.0: can't show output of Perl scripts

4. Red Hat Linux 7.3 kernel update question

5. NT NT NT NT NT NT NT MT

6. SCO support and quick help

7. Can Bash2.x or ksh93 replace perl and/or awk?

8. Free Unix

9. Linux 4.0 and NT 4.0

10. -= NT 4.0 Server for RedHat 4.0 =-

11. Samba als NT-Dom?nenserver für NT 4.0 Workstations

12. Synchronizing a NT domain with NT 4.0 and Samba servers.

13. NT 4.0 Evaluation (was: Re: Linux/Unix vs NT)