problems with sycos 3buttons mouse and X11

problems with sycos 3buttons mouse and X11

Post by Alexandre Mola » Wed, 17 May 1995 04:00:00

hello,
i have a problem with my mouse and X11 (i have the last version of
XFree86).
My mouse it's the Sycos mouse, a 3 buttons mouse, compatible with the
usual logitech 3 buttons mouse.
I want to use the 3buttons with X11, so in my XF86Config i have set
my mouse to be a MouseMan. (with no emulation of the 3rd button).
But in X11, the 3rd button doesn't work !
any1 knows why ?
thanks

1. Mouse Systems 3button mouse problems

Well I have tried all I can think of now it is time to come to the wizards
of comp.os.linux.x
I have a Mouse Systems 3 button mouse with the switch on the base to select
between 2 or 3 buttons.  It runs off of com1 and works fine in dos.  I
installed the march 95 slackware linux and everything works except for my
mouse in x.  I tried gpm and it works fine on the console.  When I start x
though the X cursor sits locked in the middle of the screen.  In setup i
have chosen mouse systems on com port 1.  In xf86config I did the same.  I
have tried enabling and disabling ClearDTR and RTS without any luck.  I
read something about making sure there isn't a getty on the console...I
don't understand this and was wondering if someone could explain or if
anyone has any other clues as what to try.  I am using /dev/mouse and have
tried linking it to ttyS0, ttyS1 but no luck...x bombs when i try setting
it to cua0 or cua1.  One other question...after I make a change via the
setup script do I need to reboot for the changes to take effect?

Thanks,
Chuck

--
Chuck Clark             "The actual is limited, the possible is immense."

2. compatability DAT 4586NP

3. 3button mouse recommendation wanted

4. where is QTDIR

5. Noname 3button mouse and Xfree ?

6. Who does not work anymore

7. SUN NFS, 3button mouse & Kernel Questions!

8. Iomega ZIP

9. Two minor issues: mouse (not X11), display (X11).

10. moused / X11-mouse conflict

11. Xpmac/Lombard/3button problem

12. Upgrading to 4.6.2...X11 config in /usr/X11R6/lib/X11 or /etc/X11?

13. Matrox Mystique ands X.