HELP: XF86config VIDEO card

Post by Chad Peipe » Thu, 11 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Hi.. I have been having problems installing my monitor/video card for
Linux and so I can not run xwindows.  I was wondering if you might be able
to help, especially because the manafacturer of my video card cannot..

My monitor is a 20" Hitachi but labeled HP A1097C
It s basically 72hz rate

My video card is Mirage Z-128 which uses the Tseng 6000 chip set.

Any help would be appreciated.   I have fussed with the XF86config but to
no avail.  I am solely interested in 1280 x 1024 resolution... Here are
the rates..

Horizontal Scan Rate: 73295
Vertical Refresh  - 70

Many thanks
Chad Peiper

,,______________________________________________________________________
||____________|O___I____,.::"|____}___I___Chad Evan Peiper__K9NOR_______
||_o___|%.____|____I___|"____|___{____I____Violinist-of-all-trades___________

||____O|___________I__O|______________I______University of Illinois, UC____

1. XF86Config - Help with video card

Hola All:

I have the following hardward that I just cannot get to run
the X11R6 server.

Monitor

CTX CVP-5468A

Card

Some kind of a trident clone
QD-TVGA8900CL

SuperProde returns the following

CHIPSET: Trident 8900CL/8900D
Memory:  1024 K
RAMDAC:  Generic 8-bit pseudo-color DAC
         (with 6-bit with lookup tables (or in 6 bit mode))

I had this hardware running X11R5 with no problem.
If anyone can give me a hand, please do.

Thanks Jason

2. NTSC video on HP 5500

3. Help XF86Config with TTX 1445T monitor and ATI X24 (1M) video card

4. Sun Workshop C/C++ Debugging Formats

5. All: Need XF86Config help for Stealth 3D 3000 Video card

6. threads: how-to?

7. Newbie - XF86Config w/SiS 5597/5598 4Mb onboard video card in Debian potato

8. SMC 2435 W Wireless Cardbus Adapter

9. XF86Config for Vision868 video card

10. XF86Config + Viewtop S38 Video Card

11. XF86Config needed for Cirus Logic Video Card

12. xf86config for Diamond Stealth video card?