Linux can't recognize ATI Rage 128

Post by Plie » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hello ALL!
I have a problem. I have bought video card, it's name is ATI Rage 128, 32 Mb
VideoRAM. But Linux Operating system( Red Hat 6.02)  can't recognize this
chipset and I can't to start X-Window. And installer say: can't define size
of videomemory. I think, the chipset of  "ATI Rage 128" very new, and Linux
not know this card.
Question: How I can to define this card, using old types, as "ATI  Xpert"
etc., which  Linux can recognize?

Thank You!

Linux can't recognize ATI Rage 128

Post by Thomason' » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Before starting X, use command "Xconfigurator" to re-configure your system.
---scott

Linux can't recognize ATI Rage 128

Post by Andre » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Quote:> Before starting X, use command "Xconfigurator" to re-configure your system.
> ---scott

dunno about redhat but SuSE has released a patched XSVGA x-server which namingly supports your card. ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/suse/i386/update/6.3/xsrv3/
it is a rpm, not sure if the paths are the same so you may want to unpack it first and install it manually.

1. Linux can't recognize ATI Rage 128

Hello ALL!
I have a problem. I have bought video card, it's name is ATI Rage 128, 32 Mb
VideoRAM. But Linux Operating system( Red Hat 6.02)  can't recognize this
chipset and I can't to start X-Window. And installer say: can't define size
of videomemory. I think, the chipset of  "ATI Rage 128" very new, and Linux
not know this card.
Question: How I can to define this card, using old types, as "ATI  Xpert"
etc., which  Linux can recognize?

Thank You!

2. NIS and group access

3. please help with setting su password

4. Internal firewall - can't do NT Login Auth

5. The direction linux is taking

6. 16MB ATI Rage 128 Ultra (Rage 128 Pro Ultra)

7. Xfree and ATI All-in-wonder 128 or ATI Rage fury 128

8. Linux & ATI RAGE FURY (RAGE 128 cards)