Netscape-no print with lp0 command?

Post by Leonar » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Ref: Netscape print issues..

For some reason Netscape refuses to print and displays that
the lp0 command is not found, to be exact: sh: command not found.
referring to the lp0 entry.

Of course I can use the disk option...but, I prefer going direct to
the print que. Any solutions...recommendations..?
I put the directory /dev/lp0 in front of the printer and it
indicated: you do not have permission! I'm sure I'm
not the first to run into this problem.

Many thanks,

Leonard...

Netscape-no print with lp0 command?

Post by Lew Pitch » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Quote:

>--------------0B50CAEB64A3744A37EF0F6E

>Use the "lpr" command instead.  Only the print print spooler has direct
>access to the /dev/lp0, or should have anyway.  And yes since lp0 is not

Also, remember that Netscape is going to produce Postscript output, so
the printer must be able to accept postscript, or the output must be
filtered through a ghostscript process first.

>a command Netscape was right in saying the command was not found.

>Hope this helps.

>Cheers
>Jason

>> Ref: Netscape print issues..

>> For some reason Netscape refuses to print and displays that
>> the lp0 command is not found, to be exact: sh: command not found.
>> referring to the lp0 entry.

>> Of course I can use the disk option...but, I prefer going direct to
>> the print que. Any solutions...recommendations..?
>> I put the directory /dev/lp0 in front of the printer and it
>> indicated: you do not have permission! I'm sure I'm
>> not the first to run into this problem.

>> Many thanks,

>> Leonard...

>--

>http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Haven/9778

>--------------0B50CAEB64A3744A37EF0F6E

><!doctype html public "-//w3c//dtd html 4.0 transitional//en">
>Use the "lpr" command instead.&nbsp; Only the print print spooler has direct
>lp0 is not

><pre>--&nbsp;

><A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Haven/9778">http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Haven/9778</A></pre>
>&nbsp;</html>

>--------------0B50CAEB64A3744A37EF0F6E--

Lew Pitcher
System Consultant, Development Services
Toronto Dominion Bank

--

http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Haven/9778

Netscape-no print with lp0 command?

Post by Jason Pel » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

One other thing, try getting hold of the a2ps utilities.  These
utilities make
it possible to do some cool things with printouts.  I use it to get two
virtual a4 pages physical page.  Once you have it installed you can
specify a2ps as the command to print and it will send your output with
two virtual to one physical page.  Quite nice for saving paper,
obviously other options are possible.

The url: http://www.inf.enst.fr/~demaille/a2ps/

Happy printing.
Jason

--

http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Haven/9778

1. Printing problem : ls > /dev/lp0 -- /dev/lp0 : No Such Device ?

Hello,
I have install a printer to the parellel port of my linux box then enter
the command :
        ls > /dev/lp0
but get this error message
        bash : /dec/lp0 : No Such Device
However, when I boot my linux box under MSDOS, the printer works, can
anybody help please ?

Thanks and Regards
Wong

2. Okay, here's a good one for you all.

3. ls > /dev/lp0 fails--but /dev/lp0 exists

4. MMDF and aliases for multiple domains

5. Printing with Netscape by command line ?

6. Custom Pentium IV Starting at $781 @ Legacy Systems Online Store

7. Netscape print command Setup

8. Burp!

9. Pointing Netscape to lp0

10. Can't print to /dev/lp0 ,1 , or 2.Slackware

11. lp0/printing problem

12. I can print via ls > lp0 in /dev, but...please help

13. Printing Problem - /dev/lp0: No such device.