OpenGL for Riva TNT?

Post by <tjm6.. » Thu, 22 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Oh yeah, I almost forgot...Does anyone know if there is an OpenGL port
available in LINUX for NON-3DFX cards? I have a Riva TNT card, and would
really like to get it to work under LINUX.

--------=[ FREE BUSINESS INFORMATION ]=--------
FREE online book tells you exactly how to make THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS PER
WEEK, right from your own home. It's simple, effective, and most
importantly, FREE! All you have to do is read the book at this page:
http://www.secrets2success.com/special19360/index.html

OpenGL for Riva TNT?

Post by Alex La » Tue, 27 Apr 1999 04:00:00

> Oh yeah, I almost forgot...Does anyone know if there is an OpenGL port
> available in LINUX for NON-3DFX cards? I have a Riva TNT card, and would
> really like to get it to work under LINUX.

I believe SuSE Linux supports Riva TNT .
Check out their site http://suse.com/

Alex Lam.

Quote:

> --------=[ FREE BUSINESS INFORMATION ]=--------
> FREE online book tells you exactly how to make THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS PER
> WEEK, right from your own home. It's simple, effective, and most
> importantly, FREE! All you have to do is read the book at this page:
> http://www.secrets2success.com/special19360/index.html

***     ***     ***     ***     ***     ***     ***
Remove the X from my email address if reply by e mail.

OpenGL for Riva TNT?

Post by Todd Ostermeie » Tue, 27 Apr 1999 04:00:00

:
:
:
: > Oh yeah, I almost forgot...Does anyone know if there is an OpenGL port
: > available in LINUX for NON-3DFX cards? I have a Riva TNT card, and would
: > really like to get it to work under LINUX.
: >
:
: I believe SuSE Linux supports Riva TNT .
: Check out their site http://suse.com/

Riva cards are currently supported by X, but that's it.  No OGL or Mesa
support, yet.  However, the latest news on slashdot.org mentions that the
TNT2 will have full Mesa support, so that you'll be able to do both 2D and
3D in Linux.

________________________________

Todd Ostermeier

http://www.ews.uiuc.edu/~ostermer/index.html
ICQ UIN: 2253928
A-723
________________________________

OpenGL for Riva TNT?

Post by Ken Frazie » Wed, 28 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Hmmm....Your question requires multiple answers.

1)  Riva TNT is supported by XFree 3.3.3.1-1 and above using SVGA driver.
2)  XFree86 does not do native OpenGL...YET
3)  OpenGL libraries available seperately - e.g. Mesa 3.0
4)  Commercial X servers available that support OpenGL.  Check RedHat's site
for recommendations.

> > Oh yeah, I almost forgot...Does anyone know if there is an OpenGL port
> > available in LINUX for NON-3DFX cards? I have a Riva TNT card, and would
> > really like to get it to work under LINUX.

> I believe SuSE Linux supports Riva TNT .
> Check out their site http://suse.com/

> Alex Lam.

> > --------=[ FREE BUSINESS INFORMATION ]=--------
> > FREE online book tells you exactly how to make THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS PER
> > WEEK, right from your own home. It's simple, effective, and most
> > importantly, FREE! All you have to do is read the book at this page:
> > http://www.secrets2success.com/special19360/index.html

> --

> ***     ***     ***     ***     ***     ***     ***
> Remove the X from my email address if reply by e mail.

Ken Frazier
Boeing Wichita

1. OpenGL for Riva TNT

Oh yeah, I almost forgot...Does anyone know if there is an OpenGL port
available in LINUX for NON-3DFX cards? I have a Riva TNT card, and would
really like to get it to work under LINUX.

--------=[ FREE BUSINESS INFORMATION ]=--------
FREE online book tells you exactly how to make THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS PER
WEEK, right from your own home. It's simple, effective, and most
importantly, FREE! All you have to do is read the book at this page:
http://www.secrets2success.com/special19360/index.html

2. kdebug

3. Hardware accelerated OpenGL for RIVA TNT?

4. why different

5. OpenGL for Riva TNT?

6. redrawing missing windows

7. Riva TNT SDK (OpenGL)

8. initramfs programs (was [RFC] klibc requirements)

9. Riva TNT OpenGL

10. (G200 || Riva TNT) && OpenGL

11. How to obtain 132x50 text mode on a STB Velocity 4400 riva TNT?

12. SVGAlib and Riva TNT.

13. Riva TNT on Solaris 7 INTEL