Netscape mail problem

Post by Fulko van Westren » Fri, 19 Apr 1996 04:00:00

Hi,

I installed Netscape 2.01 and it works all right (it seems) The only
problem so far is when I want to send mail. Then I get:
Couldn't open FCC file
Anyone?
I use slackware 3.0
Thanks,
Fulko

Netscape mail problem

Post by Jon Mitche » Fri, 19 Apr 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>Hi,
>I installed Netscape 2.01 and it works all right (it seems) The only
>problem so far is when I want to send mail. Then I get:
>Couldn't open FCC file

File Carbon Copy.. you can set where you want it to copy your sent mail
messages to in Mail and News Preferences, right now the place you
selected either doesn't exist or you don't have permissions to open it.
This isn't linux specific, the same error occurs for the same reasons on
all platforms.

Jon Mitchell          \ [Fun-Boy] Sleep is for weaklings!

CCSO Site Consultant  \ These views have _nothing_ to do with CCSO.

Netscape mail problem

Post by Brian Par » Sat, 20 Apr 1996 04:00:00

> Hi,

> I installed Netscape 2.01 and it works all right (it seems) The only
> problem so far is when I want to send mail. Then I get:
> Couldn't open FCC file
> Anyone?
> I use slackware 3.0
> Thanks,
> Fulko

Hi,
Under Options/Mail and news preferences .../ Compose
there is an option of copying the outgoing messages to a file.
This is FCC file. Make sure it exists or remove the entry from
there.
Hope, this helps.
--

http://www.cs.ucla.edu/csd-grads-gs4/briansp/www
There is no guarantee that what I say is correct!!!!!!

1. netscape mail problem

    I'm using netscape 4.77 under slackware 8.0, and I have a road
runner internet connection. From one day to the next, without my
changing anything, I can no longer send netscape mail messages. I can
receive them and send and receive news stuff, and I can send mail using
other mail utilities.
    I get the netscape error message that my email address does not
resolve. I checked .netscape/popstate and it is blank, even after I kill
and reload netscape.
    Any help would be appreciated.
JWC

2. Driver/Config Stealth 3D 3000 w/4MB

3. Netscape mail problem with ipchains

4. Q: connecting Mac and LINUX-PC

5. Small Netscape Mail problem

6. setup of kdm

7. Solaris 7 Netscape Mail problem

8. Lexmark 5000

9. Netscape mail problem

10. netscape mail problem on 8

11. netscape mail problem

12. Solaris Patches/Netscape Mail Problem

13. Netscape Mail problem.