x video problem:newbie

Post by Benedict Ramo » Sat, 12 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Hi,

The display I get is shifted to the right about 1cm when I run startx on my
notebook.  It's very annoying since I can't see all of the display.  Is there
any way I can fix this?

Thanks,
Benedict

x video problem:newbie

Post by Thand » Sat, 12 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>Hi,

>The display I get is shifted to the right about 1cm when I run startx on my
>notebook.  It's very annoying since I can't see all of the display.  Is there
>any way I can fix this?

You can use the program xvidtune, which you probably already have
installed. WIth that you can visually adjust the screen & then simply cut &
paste the modeline it gives you into your XF86Config.

--
- Thandor, of Donuts Inc:
Through emulation of Homer Simpson we shall attain perfection.

Linux: Everybody's talking about the GNU kid in town. :)

1. RedHat 6, Gnome and VooDoo3 video problems - Newbie Question

Hello All

I have been playing with Red Hat 6.0 from lsl.com (the freebie with shipping
pre-release) and I'm having problems with my screen resolution in Gnome.
All I get is the top left 1/4 of the Gnome desktop when I start Linux.  I
can't navigate the menus and I can't find where to adjust these settings ?

I installed using the generic adapter because my Voodoo3 was not listed, I
selected the SVGA Xserver in setup, then I selected my video memory as
greater than 8 megs, the setup detected my graphics clock just fine, tests
the Xserver fine, but All I get is the top left corner when Gnome loads.

Any help would be great !

Thanks in advance

Steveo
Clan Assassin 3D Leader - www.clana3d.com
Team Gamespy Member - www.gamespy.com

2. ATI Xpert@Work AGP: Mach64 Warning

3. Newbie: Problem with Video

4. Please Help me! password problem

5. Newbie Video Card Problem

6. applications don't work after ppp connection

7. Newbie to Linux video problems

8. ip_forward is resetting

9. Newbie with video card problem

10. X-Windows Problems with Video settings??? [newbie]

11. "Newbie" Mouse problems or video?

12. Newbie with RH 7.1 video/monitor problem

13. newbie with video resolution problems