starting with linux

Post by hp » Sat, 20 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Any suggestions on which version of linux to get and book for a beginner?

Thanks for a response.

starting with linux

Post by Luc Saucie » Sun, 21 Jun 1998 04:00:00

> Any suggestions on which version of linux to get and book for a beginner?

> Thanks for a response.

Red Hat 5.1 is one of the easiest distribution.  Cost 50$ (I got it for
less in Canada - 55$ Can - ~40$ US).  It contains a good book.

In any distribution, buy a package with CD.  It is easier...

Luc Saucier

1. MacX -> Linux = 0 Remote x will not start on linux

   I am able to use macx on my sparc station but not my linux box. the
linux box is running xfree86 and it runs fine. is there some special
service i have to start ? any direction would be helpful

               thanx in advance

                           -Robert Reilly

   the error is the service came half way up and failed.

2. Syslog Entries from Login

3. starting with linux

4. HP Colorado 14GB (IDE) with RedHat 6.0

5. Starting a Linux program in schools

6. Floppy boot disk

7. Getting Started With Linux

8. fat32 Windows 98 How to mount it in LINUX?? HELP!

9. How do I get Started in Linux?

10. Want To Start Reading Linux Kernel Source

11. HELP on getting started (installing linux)

12. Want to start using Linux

13. emacs takes too long to start on Linux--help!