Help needed: EEPro10 card not recognized

Help needed: EEPro10 card not recognized

Post by Vitit Kantabutr » Thu, 16 Apr 1998 04:00:00

I have a Pentium 200 with an Intel EEPro 10 card, which is supposed to
be supported by my Redhat 5.0.  The card worked when I had Redhat 4.2,
and still does on the Win95 side.  But now that I've upgrade Linux to
Redhat 5.0, the network is no longer reachable --  When I tried to
"ping," I received the error message "Network is unreachable."  Also,
eth0 would not be activated upon bootup even though I thought I set it
to activate at bootup.

I tried configuring my card according to RadHat's faq #195, but that
didn't work at all.

Also, when I pressed the "activate" button in the network configurator,
it would say that the eth0 interface is activated.  But in fact the
network would still be unreachable.

I also tried upgrading the kernel to 2.0.32, but that didn't change
anything.  Recompiling that kernel alway gives me something greater than
1 meg, which is too big for lilo to handle.  I don't understand that
problem either, since I didn't choose anything that would make the
kernel bigger than the default of 400,000 or so bytes.  In fact, I said
"no" to some of the options, and really don't think I changed any "m" or
"n" to "y"!

Anyway, thanks in advance.

1. HELP NEEDED: Ethernet card not recognized

I have a NE2000 compatible combo card in my Linux box. I am running
RedHat's Linux 2.0. I have tried adding an "append" line in the lilo.conf
script so that linux autoprobes for the ethernet. I have also including the
parameters. To-date nothing has worked. Incidently, my LAN is connected via
a bnc connection. As I am new to Linux, I could sure use all the help I can
get.

Thanks

2. changing mm->mmap_sem (was: Re: system call for process information?)

3. PCMCIA card not recognized, drivers not running

4. OPENSTEP

5. Two 3c509 cards not recognized - help?

6. font problem in X

7. Help! NW Card not recognized at boot

8. Automount under UltraPenguin 1.1.9 (RedHat 5.2?)

9. ISA-to-PCMCIA card (with Lucent WaveLAN card) not recognized

10. Please help - Network Card is not recognized

11. Help! 3Com Etherlink III card not recognized

12. LinkSys DEC DC21040 Card Not Recognized--HELP!

13. need help: Sony DVD not recognized