my box hangs on boot - Read please !

Post by Michael Delat » Sun, 01 Dec 1996 04:00:00

Hi,

 I just install my second linux box by NFS and it succeed (the
installation) but when I boot it, the box hangs after this message :
"FDC 0 is a post-1991 82077"

 Do you know this ? where is the problem ?

 It 's installed from slacware 3.0, kernel 1.2.13. on a 486 DX2/80
with IDE and NE2000 card (that works good because of the NFS install)

Thanx a lot ...

*** Virtual Presence scris ***
Phone+Fax +32 (0)2 - 387.16.45

GSM:        +32 (0)95/50.54.31

1. FreeBSD hangs on boot after install with Timeout error on HD Read

I installed FreeBSD without much problems, but when I try to boot it hangs
after:

changing root device to ad0s2a

which is my root. Booting in verbose mode shows a timeout error.

Is this a real hardware error (unreliable drive) or a software
misconfiguration?

Regards,

Frank

2. Compile problem

3. Booting process hangs !!! Please help

4. OKI Microline 390 Elite printer

5. Hang during boot... please help?

6. Tkined and libtk.so.4.0

7. System hangs on booting Linux . Please HELP

8. PPP broken in switch from RH5 to RH5.2

9. Please help! Hangs on boot!

10. SCSI card hangs boot - please help!

11. Help please Samba hangs boot up

12. Please Help: Linux box won't ping Win98 box!

13. Problems with using PLIP between a Dos box and a Linux box, PLEASE help!