Kid looking for a copy of redhat 6.1

Post by Matt » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I am a kid that wants to get into linux but I dont have the cash to buy a
distribution from the store and I am only on 28.8 so I cant Download it I
was hoping there was someone out there that has a burner and could send me
a copy of redhat 6.1....  Thank you so much   please reply to the email
address below if you can help

Matt

Post by Colin Wats » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

>I am a kid that wants to get into linux but I dont have the cash to buy a
>distribution from the store and I am only on 28.8 so I cant Download it

http://www.cheapbytes.com/ will sell you a Red Hat 6.1 CD for $2, plus
$5 shipping anywhere within the US, if that's any help to you ... (I'm
guessing you're American from your e-mail address, apologies if I'm
wrong.)

Quote:>please reply to the email address below if you can help

Posted and mailed.

--

Trinity College, Cambridge, and Computer Science         [riva.ucam.org]
Jam wants colonies. I am a jest on clowns.

Kid looking for a copy of redhat 6.1

Post by Al Collie » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Matt,
          Most cities have a Linux Users Group usually somethingLUG that
will give you a copy of RedHat for $2-$5 or maybe even free. Try that avenue
and I think you'll get it. Of course, if you're determined, you CAN download
the whole package like overnight by just setting up a FTP Session and going
to bed, get up in the morning and it should be about done. My $.02
HTH
Al

Post by Michael Per » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

>I am a kid that wants to get into linux but I dont have the cash to buy a
>distribution from the store and I am only on 28.8 so I cant Download it I
>was hoping there was someone out there that has a burner and could send me
>a copy of redhat 6.1....  Thank you so much   please reply to the email
>address below if you can help

>Matt

>--

You can buy really cheap cd's from www.cheapbytes.com.  Check out their
website.

--
Michael Perry

------------------

1. New kid on the block and Linux Red Hat 6.1 problems

Hello Linux people,
I am new with Linux and I have a lot of problems, as usual. Let's start
counting:
Problem 1: Monitor resolution. Red Hat doesn't accept any other resolution
the 640x480 what is OK with me but Red Hat doesn't adjust window size
according to monitor resolution so almost all windows are bigger then my
screen so I can't do anything because I can't see buttons. My video card Sis
620 8MB is supported by Linux and Win98 allows me to have 1024x768
resolution. The monitor Daytek is not supported but I know all horizontal
and vertical settings and frequency. I run Xconfigurator after installation
and the same happened. It's simply doesn't accept anything then 640x480. I
try to put more resolutions as 800x600 and 1024x768 in xf86config and try to
switch modes with Ctrl+Alt+ keypad+ but doesn't work. Any hints?
Problem 2: I am using Rogers Internet over cable with NDC 10/100 Fats
Ethernet PCI Adapter (MX-A)(MX987-5). I asked Rogers about my network
settings like IP address, host name, DNS, Gateway, etc and run netcfg. I
entered these values but I can ping only my card (IP address). When I tried
to ping my Gateway, I couldn't because host was unreachable. I have no idea
what to do next. Anyone?
Problem 3: This is the most stupid one. I can't open my floppy drive. I got
the error mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/fd0 or
too many mounted file systems. Please help.

Alan

2. Help with Dosemu0.53pl37-Can't Compile

3. Looking for the "right" AGP graphics card for RedHat 6.1

4. "Stepping screen" when I cancel linuxconfig

5. Binaries of KDE2 for SuSe 6.3, Redhat 6.1 and Mandrake 6.1

6. System Time & X configuration

7. Can Redhat 6.1 host eXceed 6.1 Xsession? How?

8. help needed for gcc

9. Kids will be kids!

10. Upgrading from Redhat 6.1 to RedHat 9.0?

11. RedHat 6.1 vs Redhat 6.2

12. RedHat 7.1 NFS Won't Export same drives as RedHat 6.1

13. Redhat 5.2 to Redhat 6.1