Mandrake 7.1 : Screen's resolution

Post by Hung L » Sat, 04 Nov 2000 14:33:11

Hi everyone,

I have just installed Mandrake 7.1 into my machine; however, the screen's
resolution is not right, and sometime the screen is blinking.  How can I
change the screen's resolution?  Someone said that I should go into Drakconf
icon and adjust the setting in it, however I don't see Drakconf on my
desktop.  Can anyone show me how to use something like in command line (MS
Dos)
Thank you very much.

Hung

Post by javarel » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

> change the screen's resolution?  Someone said that I should go into Drakconf
> icon and adjust the setting in it, however I don't see Drakconf on my
> desktop.  Can anyone show me how to use something like in command line (MS
> Dos)

In KDE, open a terminal session.  Enter DrakConf (note capitalization!)
and when asked, your root password.  In the DrakConf window click on
"Change X resolution".

--
        John Varela
        McLean, VA  USA

1. Screen resolution on a 500av with redhat linux 7.1?

Hi all,

I'm trying to change the monitor configuration on my redhat 7.1 500av
alpha box. Im not sure which video card is in this machine but i think
its a powerstorm as x mentions such a device whenever i start it up. Ive
also read that card isnt supported. Is there any way to get beyond the
standard resolution in KDE with somekind of setup without having to do
fancy tricks? (I cant give any specs on the card as this machine needs
to be running all the time so I cant put it out)

tnx!

/x4

2. USR5610B PCI modem problem

3. Whiich ids better Mandrake 7.1 or Slackware 7.1

4. How can I send a Tru64 bug report to Compaq?

5. Upgrade from Mandrake 7.0 (Air) to Mandrake 7.1 (Helium): Painless?

6. X11 on Thinkpad 701CS - please help!

7. Mandrake 7.1 vs Mandrake 7.2 ?

8. Assembler working with GCC??

9. Upgrade from Mandrake 7.0 (Air) to Mandrake 7.1 (Helium): Painless?

10. Mandrake 7.1 vs Mandrake 7.2 ?

11. Mandrake 7.1 won't install on partition

12. Mandrake 7.1 doesn't know about Epsons

13. HELP: Mandrake 7.1 Won't Complete Boot