Newbie wants to get started with Redhat6.0

Newbie wants to get started with Redhat6.0

Post by Amir Rubinstei » Wed, 05 May 1999 04:00:00

Frustrated with Win95, have Redhat 6.0 CD burn, want to break free...
The only problem is - I know nothin' about nothin' about linux,
including
installation procedures. I don't even know where to begin.
please help.
thanks

Newbie wants to get started with Redhat6.0

Post by Matthew L. Heber » Wed, 05 May 1999 04:00:00

Try this link for the RedHat installation guide. It is in HTML format,
and answers quite a few questions.

http://www.redhat.com/corp/support/manuals/RHL-6.0-Manual/install-gui...

Good Luck,
Matt

Newbie wants to get started with Redhat6.0

Post by Darren Gre » Thu, 06 May 1999 04:00:00

Either buy a beginners linux book....or buy the official RedHat6.0
package and it will come with an installation manual which will help
you throughout the installation, and afterwords.

Darren

On Tue, 04 May 1999 19:10:40 +0300, Amir Rubinstein

-->Frustrated with Win95, have Redhat 6.0 CD burn, want to break free...
-->The only problem is - I know nothin' about nothin' about linux,
-->including
-->installation procedures. I don't even know where to begin.
-->please help.
-->thanks
-->

Newbie wants to get started with Redhat6.0

Post by RoadHa » Sat, 08 May 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>Frustrated with Win95, have Redhat 6.0 CD burn, want to break free...
>The only problem is - I know nothin' about nothin' about linux,
>including
>installation procedures. I don't even know where to begin.
>please help.

RTFM
just install?

Quote:>thanks

my pleasure

 |  (o-   RoadHawk   -[ Blue Screen Of Death Hater ]-      |
 |  /\    And you thought there was stress in your life... |
 | v_/_   Running on my system: Windows98 / Linux 2.2.6    |

1. newbie:wants to know "Embedded Linux" right from the start.

Hello all,
Iam a student of computer engineering and iam planning to take a seminar on
"Linux in Embedded Systems".I just went thro some of the basic topics , like
why Linux is used in embedded systems .Now what i really want to know is
:How this is done right from the scratch .I have so far found no materials
regarding the 'actual happenings' in the embedded linux world.I want to know
things like:

*How the linux kernel is changed to suit an embedded device, i mean the
technical details.
*Is there any online resource library on 'Linux in Embedded Systems'?In the
sites that i have so far browsed, i have read things like 'why linux is used
in ES','names of many Embedded Linux's' etc...but no materials on 'how this
is done'.

Hope you got some ieda of what i want.Please pardon my ignorance as i dont
have any hard copies on this topic and i solely have to depend on this NG to
find all the answers.

Thanking you all
-Vish-

2. Trying to attach a magnetic tape or DAT to Linux

3. Newbie wants to get started. But has Ques.

4. Linux 2.0.31 and FAT32

5. Newbie wants to know where to start

6. How to detect window manager?

7. Newbie getting started developing in X

8. Portability of SunOS packages under Solaris.

9. Brand New Newbie Needs Help Getting Started.

10. Newbie Q: Getting Started

11. Newbie getting started ... FAQ?

12. Cron - Newbie Getting Started

13. another newbie, trouble getting started