Xfree86 and Edge 3D ... they don't work!

Xfree86 and Edge 3D ... they don't work!

Post by Casper D. Hulsho » Tue, 28 Jan 1997 04:00:00

Hi,

I installed Linux Redhat (this took a few hours, last version), and tried
to install X windows as well (with Xfree86config) -- now, the Xfree86
version I have is 3.2, and the docs say that it now works with my Edge 3D
card (using the chipset from Nvidia Thomson 2000 or something).  But in the
config list of available drivers it just isn't there!  If I use another
driver Linux hopelessly crashes when I do a 'startx'.  Can anyone help with
this one?

Casper H.

----
Occasionally I have had to admit to myself that the annoying, awkward
stepping aside on the street, whereby for some seconds one steps here and
there, yet always in the same direction as the other person, until finally
both stop facing each other . . . conceals * purposes under the mask
of awkwardness.
Sigmund Freud, Psychopathology of everyday life (ch. 8)

1. ATI 3D Rage II+DVD and XFree86 don't jibe

| I'm having no success getting this card to run XFree86. HAd anybody gotten it
| to work? Is it even supported? I tried with the VGA 16 server, the SVGA server
| and the Mach 64 server. Any advice would be much appreciated.

I have the exact same card (with 4 MB RAM) and I had to use the
XFree86-3.3.1-server. This server is available on
http://www.xfree86.org/ or any mirror. If you have already installed
XFree86-3.3 through rpm or some other packagesystem, you only need the
Mach65.tgz-binary. Also read the XFree86-FAQ, it states som problems
with the Mach64-server and Rage II-cards.

There's only one catch to this card. I have som "jittering" (->
irregularities), on my screen when running 16bpp. 8bpp works fine, but
with a 4MB-card, this is intolerable. It works fine in all resolutions
and all bpp available in MSWindows.

I've also posted to this group about the problem (and

yielded no result either.

Please tell me if you get the same problem.

Hope this helps
--
Jo
Slave Gnusae

2. sys_getcwd inside kernel module , can i ???

3. Edge 3D card and Xfree86 -- why not?

4. CD writing software for FreeBSD

5. installing xfree86 and edge 3d-card

6. DISPLAY variable setting

7. XFree86 3.2 and Diamond Edge 3D 2000

8. ufsdump multi-volume question

9. Diamond EDGE 3D & XFree86

10. XFree86 3.1.2 and Diamond Edge 3D

11. ATI 3D Rage Pro don't work on XFree4.0.1

12. Help my s3 trio 3d/2x AGP don't work

13. -HSync and -VSync don't work under XFree86 4.1.0 !?!?!