Problem of EIDE HDD connectiong to OLD IDE I/F

Problem of EIDE HDD connectiong to OLD IDE I/F

Post by kusak.. » Sat, 18 Jan 1997 04:00:00

Hi.

I have succeeded for deskpro 486/33m to recognize EIDE HDD attached to OLD
IDE I/F. But there is still a problem.

To make be recognized, EIDE HDD is connected to Master, the other normal IDE
one is connected to Slave, it is necessary.
I use linux 2.0.27, and something error often occurs when LILO and kernel
access to it;
hda: ide timeout: status=0xd0 { Busy }
Then, for a minute, recovering and display this message;
hda: ide0 reset: succeeded

I tried a lot, but no solution has been revealed.
(I tried, LBA Enhacement ISA Card, linear options, and modify CHS with
fdisk.)

I think that a geometory is missmatched, but I don't know what to do.
Please let me know your idea.

Thanks.
---
Toshiaki KUSAKABE
System Engineering Department, IT Co., Sony Corp.

1. linux on 2nd EIDE HDD as primary on 2nd EIDE controller

Hi to All!
  I have a NEC PowerMatev75 w/32MB RAM, and 2 EIDE drives.  They used to be
on the same chain, but when I installed them in this machine I gave each
its own drive controller.  Linux fdisk doesn't see the second hdd, or I
don't know how to tell it the right address.  /dev/hda doesn't work, and
neither does /dev/hdb.  What am I missing?

Thanks in advance!

Doug Hayden

2. Bootup questions

3. IDE/EIDE: performance, old BIOS, coexist with MFM?

4. AT&T Looking for Systems Performance Engineers

5. Big EIDE disk, old IDE controller

6. HELP: Info on socket programming

7. EIDE Linux and old IDE controller

8. initrd problems! (RH 7.0 on Dell PowerEdge 2450, aacraid)

9. linux problems with conner 1275MB hdd (not simple eide problems)

10. Replacing old HDD with new bigger HDD, Please help me!

11. 2 IDE HDD and 1 IDE CDROM kernel supporting problem

12. Multipel transfer mode problem in EIDE HDD..

13. FreeBSD with IDE, EIDE, and Ultra IDE drives