Linux and Teac 55A CDROM

Post by Mike Kin » Wed, 22 Jul 1998 04:00:00

I have an "old" Teac 55A CD-ROM and 16 bit Teac drive card.  This is
listed as supported and I have loaded the SBPCD.I  kernel with limited
success.  At times the drive mounts and works just like you would like.
Most of the time I get errors,
No data on Drive,  Unsupported file system, Timeout errors.  Under DOS
the drive works fine (Just for reference).  I originally used an
IDE-CDROM to install Linux (Slackware) but would like to get the Teac
running.

1. Has anyone got Linux to recognize Teac CD-55A CDROM drive?

I currently have a Teac 4X internal CDROM drive in my computer. Its model
number is CD-55A. My version of Linux does not have a driver for this model.
I would appreciate it if anyone could tell me how they installed this CDROM
in their Linux box. If no one has, then I will buy another CDROM perferrably
a SCSI. Can anyone recommend one?

2. are the info-unix & unix-wizards lists still alive

3. Will linux support a Teac CD-55A CDROM Drive

4. Server Mirror

5. Linux wont recognize Teac CD-55A cdrom drive

6. 2.1.98 Kernel and killer.c

7. TEAC CD-55a & Linux also SCSI CDROM ?

8. ProxyVia variable for the Mod_proxy

9. Need sbpcd.h & sbpcd.c setup for TEAC CD-55A using TEAC interface card!

10. Teac 55A with Teac 16-bit Interface

11. TEAC CD 55A with TEAC 16bit card -- Help

12. Teac Cd 55a and Teac Card

13. Teac 55a CDROM ???