Install 98/NT after Linux installation

Post by James Junmin Fa » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

My machine's current HD has only Linux, and I plan to buy a new HD and put 98/NT on it. Is it possible to install 98/NT without deleting anything from my existing drive?

TIA

Install 98/NT after Linux installation

Post by Rod Roar » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Quote:>My machine's current HD has only Linux, and I plan to buy a new HD
>and put 98/NT on it. Is it possible to install 98/NT without deleting
>anything from my existing drive?

Note sure about 98 but I'm pretty sure NT won't install on any but the
first hard drive.  However you can make the new drive hda and change
your fstab so that Linux is happy on hdc or whatever.  Make real sure
you have a working boot diskette (or two) before doing anything.

-- Rod
Sunset Systems                           Preconfigured Linux Computers
http://www.sunsetsystems.com/                      and Custom Software

1. Windows NT 4.0 WS/98 and Linux Redhat 5.1 - Order of installation?

I have a home PC with plenty of hard drive space. I would like to
install Windows 98, NT 4.0 Workstation and Linux (Redhat 5.1) on it. Can
someone tell me if the following order of activities will work (or is
most desirable)?

1. Using fdisk, create 4 partitions: (1) for boot files, (2) for Windows
98, (3) for Windows NT 4.0 WS, and (4) for Linux.

2. Set up Windows 98

3. Setup Windows NT 4.0 WS

4. Setup Linux

Or should I choose a different order to install Linux first, or the
order doesn't matter?

I am an experienced software developer and have many years of experience
with Windows. However, I am very much a novice to the Linux world. I am
aware that learning Linux is painfully slow, but I am willing to do it.
So, for now, I just want to make sure that I start out correctly and
realize that it'll take a lot of research to set up Linux to the point
where it recognizes all my devices, including the internal fax modem,
and I'll have applications, such as the one to connect to the Internet,
and others, up and running on it.

Thanks!

Anjum

2. ddd build fails: /usr/include/g++/strfile.h:31: invalid exception specifications

3. Installing Linux on a NT & 98 computer

4. new user

5. Does anyone has ever tried to install 95,98,NT, and Linux....

6. Does the Compaq Presario 5150 like Linux?

7. 98 + NT + Linux = NT loader problem for me

8. Are we going too fast?

9. Win95/98/NT/2K install times & Linux

10. install linux and windows 98 & NT problems?

11. which order to install triple boot Linux/NT/98 ?

12. Want to install NT,98,Linux, Solaris7