Colour all wrong on Epson Printer

Post by Chris Gordon-Smit » Mon, 09 Jul 2001 10:56:20

I'm having trouble getting a decent printout from my Epson Stylus Photo
printer under Mandrake 8.  I have tried both CUPS and Turboprint.  In
both cases, the colour looks wrong.  In the Turboprinter case, the yellow
seems to be missing completely when I print the test page.

Does anyone have any ideas on what the problem may be, or at least where
I might look for an answer.

Chris Gordon-Smith
Kent UK

Post by Robert Davie » Mon, 09 Jul 2001 09:25:05

> I'm having trouble getting a decent printout from my Epson Stylus Photo
> printer under Mandrake 8.  I have tried both CUPS and Turboprint.  In
> both cases, the colour looks wrong.  In the Turboprinter case, the yellow
> seems to be missing completely when I print the test page.

> Does anyone have any ideas on what the problem may be, or at least where
> I might look for an answer.

Best to look at www.linuxprinting.org, Epson Stylus Photo are covered well
and it lists problems of models, and which ones work perfectly and the
optimal config, and PPD files for CUPs.

Rob

Post by Arnim Sauerbie » Tue, 10 Jul 2001 16:35:20

> I'm having trouble getting a decent printout from my Epson Stylus Photo
> printer under Mandrake 8.  I have tried both CUPS and Turboprint.  In
> both cases, the colour looks wrong.  In the Turboprinter case, the yellow
> seems to be missing completely when I print the test page.

> Does anyone have any ideas on what the problem may be, or at least where
> I might look for an answer.

> Chris Gordon-Smith
> Kent UK

Have you used the CUPS HTTP configuration tool to select print quality and
paper type?  This utility gives me more options for the Epson 1270 than
MS-Winbloze

Mandrake comes with two printer 'drivers' for the Stylus Photo -
ghostscript and gimp-printing.   If your "blue" is coming-out purple on the
test page, try the gimp-printer driver.

arnim

1. Color on Epson Stylus Color printer?

Is there anyone who has managed to get the Epson Stylus Color printer
to output in color in under Linux? I've tried the ghostscript driver
escp2, but it only produces grayscale output. Anyone who knows how
to get this working?
--
------///----------------------------+----------------------------------
     ///      Marcus Sundberg        |http://www2.e.kth.se/~e94_msu/www/

2. patch for 2.4.18 kernel to work with grub0.91

3. Color printing with Epson Stylus Color printer ???

4. Nmaping Domains up

5. Epson Color 600 Printer

6. building athlon box

7. Confuguration of linux for a Epson Stylus color 500 printer

8. Device driver version numbers on OSE 3.0

9. Support for Epson Stylus Color printers in RH 6.1

10. Ghostscript and Epson Stylus Color printer?

11. Printer: Epson Styles Color 740

12. Printer Problem: Epson Colour Stylus 400

13. Printer configuration (EPSON Stylus COLOR IIs) (I need help)