Linux ISO - Where

Post by John Chille » Sun, 04 Aug 2002 23:43:34

G'Day

I am looking for a reliable download for the FULL Linux distro, preferably
SuSE/Mandrake. South Africa?

TIA

John

Linux ISO - Where

Post by Dave Uhrin » Mon, 05 Aug 2002 00:31:32

> G'Day

> I am looking for a reliable download for the FULL Linux distro,
> preferably SuSE/Mandrake. South Africa?

You might have used Google with the search string "linux mandrake" to
find this:

http://www.linux-mandrake.com/en/ftp.php3

There do not appear to be any mirrors in your neighborhood but you can
probably find one which is fast and reliable enough for you.

Linux ISO - Where

Post by John Chille » Mon, 05 Aug 2002 01:50:24

G'Day

I am looking for a reliable download for the FULL Linux distro, preferably
SuSE/Mandrake. South Africa?

TIA

John

Linux ISO - Where

Post by Michael Heimin » Mon, 05 Aug 2002 02:09:26

Quote:> G'Day

> I am looking for a reliable download for the FULL Linux distro,
> preferably SuSE/Mandrake. South Africa?

Reposting the same question again, even if there was an answer, is
generally regarded as rude.

These URL should be helpfull, for general newsgroup usage:

http://tgos.org/newbie/index2.html
http://livinginternet.com/u/ua.htm

"ESR's Howto ask smart questions":

Michael Heiming
--
Remove the +SIGNS case mail bounces.

Linux ISO - Where

Post by repo » Mon, 05 Aug 2002 03:01:22

> G'Day

> I am looking for a reliable download for the FULL Linux distro, preferably
> SuSE/Mandrake. South Africa?

> TIA

> John

John

Take a look at:
http://www.linuxiso.org/
--
Repo
http://beginnerslinux.org

But I always fired into the nearest hill or, failing that, into blackness.
I meant no harm;  I just liked the explosions.  And I was careful never to
kill more than I could eat.
                -- Raoul Duke

Linux ISO - Where

Post by John Chille » Mon, 05 Aug 2002 06:51:12

Thank you

I MIGHT HAVE     AND I DID

The point being, looking for SuSE too. I have a Regd Version of SuSE 5.3
...... HAPPY DAYS IN SA.

Thank you again for your input

Post by Dave Uhrin » Mon, 05 Aug 2002 07:46:58

>>You might have used Google with the search string "linux mandrake" to
>>find this:

>>http://www.linux-mandrake.com/en/ftp.php3

>>There do not appear to be any mirrors in your neighborhood but you can
>>probably find one which is fast and reliable enough for you.

> Thank you

> I MIGHT HAVE     AND I DID

> The point being, looking for SuSE too. I have a Regd Version of SuSE
> 5.3 ...... HAPPY DAYS IN SA.

> Thank you again for your input

Damned top-posting corrected.  Please learn how to use this forum
correctly.  One good reference is

http://fmf.fwn.rug.nl/~anton/topposting.html

Now I have answered your question about SuSE in a personal response to
the mail which you sent to me.  And I will state it again.  There are
NO legal mirrors of the SuSE installation ISO's.

I pointed you to the URL which will give you the download sites for
Mandrake's ISO's.  Do you want eggs in your beer?

1. Old linux iso's

Can somebody tell me were I can find some older versions of popular linux
distro's like mandrake, redhat or suse? Need a lightweigth linux distro with
x so i can add a windowmanager like WindowMaker instead of using KDE or
Gnome.

Alreday thanks to everyone of you.

2. Apache + ipv6 + php ?

3. RH Linux ISO images

4. rotating the error_log with apache1.3.3

5. PSX Linux ISO ?

6. need a script which limits number of logins

7. LINUX ISO Rescue CD-Rom

8. Q, XLib: Failing "XCreateWindow" with "TrueColor" visual, why???

9. SuSE Linux ISO Download

10. How to burn linux ISO into CD from MS windows?

11. Help with Yellow Dog Linux .iso burning!!

12. Linux ISO 7816 emulator (was: New Voyager)

13. Burning Linux ISO's for Macintosh