Newbie Question: I lost my mouse in Xfree86

Newbie Question: I lost my mouse in Xfree86

Post by Joe Hightowe » Tue, 02 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Help.  I loaded Redhat 5.2 just fine.  Xfree worked great, until I tried
to use telinit to change the run level to allow X windows to load on
login.  Then I lost the mouse in Xfree.  What fun trying to figure out
how to get things shutdown without a mouse.

How do I fix this?  I have tried resetting the run level to 3.  Doesn't
help.

1. Linux newbie lost mouse in Xfree86 after recompiling kernel, need help to help himOne

Hi!

One of my colleagues has a problem. He recompiled the kernel of his
RedHat 5.0 Linux. The new kernel works fine, but X cannot find the
mouse. GPM works, and he used

/usr/sbin/mouseconfig

to detect the type of mouse. After that he verified that the settings in
/etc/X11/XF86config were OK. If he boots the old kernel it still works.

I have no idea about this! If gpm works, and /usr/sbin/mouseconfig is
OK, then I presume that the kernel is handling the mouse properly.

Someone having any suggestions? My friend realizes that he could just
reinstall the system to get the kernel options he needs. But I don't
want to make him feel 'burned 'on a kernel  recompile.

Erik Kaffehr

2. help me in looking for a web-based email scripts...

3. Newbie questions: Mozilla + XFree86, Fonts, Mouse wheel

4. Final beta and XFree86 4.01 ????

5. Newbie question: how to set 'active mouse follow mouse'?

6. IDE HDs + Panasonic 562B: cannot even install Ygg F94

7. RH6.0 & XFree86 3.3.5 - mouse problems (newbie)

8. hdparm cant make my spindown

9. Another Newbie question - lost interrupt

10. Newbie - Netscape plug-ins

11. strange XFree86 Mouse problem (random mouse failure)

12. Weird mouse behaviour w/ XFree86 3.3.2 and Logitech PS/2 mouse

13. LOST LOST LOST