CD writing under Linux?

Post by bill davids » Sat, 05 Aug 1995 04:00:00

I know there's CD writer software for Linux, someone sent me a CD
once. However, I have no idea what hardware and software is needed,
and I'd like more info.

Besides writing "traditional" CD's, I would like to use CD as a
durable backup media. Given that all machines these days are likely
to have a CD and unlikely to have DAT or 4mm, the high cost per copy
and resistance to altering or magnetic fields might justify the
price.

I'm sorry, this was discussed months ago and I didn't save it...

1. cd writing in linux for a complete linux dummy...

hey.

I want to know how to set up my ide cd-writer (hp cdwriter+ 8100i) in
linux.  I've read the HOW TOs, but I am completely brand new to linux and
they are way over my head.  I was wondering if someone would be willing to
give me some help setting up my burner.  please assume I know very little
about linux.  thanks for any help you can give me.

regards,

lou

2. SCO Technical Articles released on 971017

3. CD Writing with Linux - HELP!

4. Can Linux run a VPN using PPTP?

5. CD writing with Linux part 2

6. Using ibook keyboard with ydl 2.1

7. CD writing from Linux

8. any decent ides for assembler out there

9. UDF Write Support with CD-RW and CD-R Devices ?

10. intermittent failure writing cd-rw with cdrecord on saf cd-rw2224

11. CD writing program for ATAPI IDE cd-r's

12. error writing CD with Plextor-CD-writer

13. Can LG CD-RW CED-8080B write audio CD's in RedHat 7.2?