HELP! Trying to install DAT Tape after normal install

HELP! Trying to install DAT Tape after normal install

Post by Neil Bulle » Wed, 02 Apr 1997 04:00:00

Hi,
Hope somebody can help me here, I have installed Linux (Slackware) onto
a system with no DAT drive. I now wish to install the DAT drive on the
SCSI System, my question is will the DAT be detected by Linux
automatically and what will its name be in the /dev/. Will i have to
recompile the kernel?.
Regards Neil
--
+=========================+
| Neil Bulley             |

| www.pagid.demon.co.uk   |
+=========================+

HELP! Trying to install DAT Tape after normal install

Post by Stev » Thu, 03 Apr 1997 04:00:00

On Tue, 1 Apr 1997 13:04:36 +0100, Neil Bulley

>Hi,
>Hope somebody can help me here, I have installed Linux (Slackware) onto
>a system with no DAT drive. I now wish to install the DAT drive on the
>SCSI System, my question is will the DAT be detected by Linux

If SCSI tape support is compiled into it.

Quote:>automatically and what will its name be in the /dev/. Will i have to

/dev/st0

Quote:>recompile the kernel?.

Yep, probably...

Regards,

Remove the leading underscore for email replies...
Steve Tupy

1. Help installing HP unix 9.0 from DAT tape

Hi

Can anyone tell me how to install HP unix 9.0 onto a HP 9000/842 server.

I recently aquired a HP 9000/842 server, but the installed unix seems to be
missing some major bits, and i don't seem to be able to use SAM to configure
the system. So i thought i'd reinstall unix

I have an external DDS drive, and the following Tapes

HP-UX 9.0 Install
HP-UX 9.0 1-8 user
HP-UX 9.0 1-16 user
HP-UX 9.0 unlimited user
HP-UX 9.0 User enhancment env
HP-PA SupportARPA Services 800
HP Glance Plus/UX
Lan Link Software

Now how do i reinstall the lot, i'd like top keep the version i have
installed, as its all installed on its own drive and i have 2 other 600M
HPIB drives in the system, i'd like to install a new version on one of these
and boot of it.
I have already created a complete backup onto DAT tape, using SAM

Any help would be great thanks

PS my drives have hardware addresses of 44.0 44.1 44.2
and the Dat drive is 24.4 and 24.3

Ta

regards john derbyshire

home

http://village.vossnet.co.uk/a/acmenet

2. /usr/adm/ftpd/xferlog not being updated

3. DAT tapes vs. non-DAT tapes ( SCSI )

4. Printing to NT Server from LINUX?

5. DAT TAPE DRIVES: Wangtek can't read HP DAT tapes

6. KERNEL-SUPPLEMENT [7-10]

7. install RedHat 4.1, now SCSI DAT tape doesnt work

8. upgrade kernel from 0.99.pl15g(net-2e) to 1.1.94 what to get?

9. Trying to Install AHA1542CF after I have installed the System

10. which partition manager is best, trying to install LINUX on my installed Win2K PC

11. Help, mkdev tape says I got two tape drives installed!

12. Trying to install Dejagnu without installing X

13. upgrade from Solaris 2.3 to 2.5: install program tries to do new install