Graphical X Interface (GNOME)

Post by George M. Pier » Sat, 09 Sep 2000 22:00:50

After installing the server version I only get a non X window interface.
How do I configure Linux to get the graphical login and GNOME
interface ?

Thanks in advance!

Graphical X Interface (GNOME)

Post by Harry Lewi » Sat, 09 Sep 2000 23:16:22

What happens if you type startx? If you get x, it's installed. Then do
an init 5.

Harry

> After installing the server version I only get a non X window interface.
> How do I configure Linux to get the graphical login and GNOME
> interface ?

> Thanks in advance!

1. graphical interface for MRTG

Looking to persuade management to migrate heavily to MRTG.
Does anyone know of a GUI interface similar to NNM (Network Node Management)
that comes with HP OpenView that would allow for a graphical rendition of
the network using icons for separate servers, etc.? Trying to stay away
from proprietary solutions. I remember something like this using Queso
several years ago, but can't seem to find it now.
Thanks.
KJ

2. Linux on Compaq Prolinea/33

3. red hat 6.1 graphical install interface...where is it?

4. Redhat 4.1 and PPP

5. HELP : Switching from KDE to Gnome graphical environment

6. Promise PDC20276 & 2.2.19

7. graphical interface for dumb unix workstations

8. DEC Unix ECOFF support under Linux?

9. Tcl/Tk interface to NIS+ / Graphical frontend to NIS+

10. Gnome Graphical LogIn

11. Graphical Interface question

12. How to install Mandrake 8.0 without graphical interface

13. xview3.2p1-X11R6-LinuxELF.3 - Graphical user-interface toolkit