Troubles...

Post by steve lamoureu » Tue, 29 Oct 1996 04:00:00

Hi,

I use : Slackware 96 kernel 2.0.0

After recompiling the kernel, I got the following errors after
rebooting:

1. More@!!.. Panasonic/SB-CD troubles, trouble, trouble...

  Dear Readers,
       This is the 4th week that I have tried to get Linux to recognize
       my Panasonic SoundBlaster CD- ROM. I have tried to mount it using
       the Soundblaster CD drivers Etc. It is for this reason that I am
       still left wondering...... I have a 486 DX 33Mhz,Cirrus VL 5428
       video, and 16 MB of Ram. When I start Linux from my Boot disk, it
       tells me that it has reconized my CD-ROM and so I feed my Root disk.
               The trouble is that when I try to run Linux Slackware from my CD-ROM
       it tells me, CD Device Timed out and ignores my CD totally.
              As far as I am aware this problem has been reported by lots
       of people with the same CD's as myself.
               Maybe it is '' About time for a correction''. Maybe Panasonic knows
               a ' bit' more than We Do???

       I am open to any reasonable suggestion or idea.
              Thank you.
                M. Rokach.

2. Can't run AIX 4.1 appliation n AIX 4.3.2

3. Trouble, trouble, trouble - SCSI ?

4. how to start tcsh automatically when it is not in /etc/shell?

5. Routing trouble with RH 5,maybe NE2000 trouble ??

6. Telnet question

7. HLP: Redhat- X trouble , CDROM trouble

8. Newbie: Migrating from Windows to Linux

9. motherboard trouble? Amd K5 trouble?

10. Troubles with ATAPI CDROM driver and weird network troubles <tulip card>

11. Nebie trouble ===> Trouble with ToolTalk

12. HAving trouble setting up X [Trident Troubles]

13. help i have trouble with x applicationhelp i have trouble with x application