How to print on Canon BJ-200 from Netscape

How to print on Canon BJ-200 from Netscape

Post by Jason Ho » Fri, 09 May 1997 04:00:00

I am using Linux 2.0.0 and am not sure how to print
from Netscape to Canon BJ-200.
It looks like Netscape does postscript output to printer.

I can print text file lp to it but not from Netscape.

Is there any driver needs to be patched?

Jason

How to print on Canon BJ-200 from Netscape

Post by Pim Blie » Sun, 11 May 1997 04:00:00

Quote:> I am using Linux 2.0.0 and am not sure how to print
> from Netscape to Canon BJ-200.
> It looks like Netscape does postscript output to printer.

i also own a BJ-200
did you make it print postscript already ? i didn't succeed, got pages full
of ASCII...

Pim

Post by Jim Fol » Sun, 11 May 1997 04:00:00

: > I am using Linux 2.0.0 and am not sure how to print
: > from Netscape to Canon BJ-200.
: > It looks like Netscape does postscript output to printer.
: i also own a BJ-200
: did you make it print postscript already ? i didn't succeed, got pages full
: of ASCII...

: Pim

Try a program called apsfilter. Its a great filter that automatcally
determines whattype of file needs printed and uses the appropriate
filter. It requires a program called gs, and is available
at ftp://sunsite.unc.edu in the Linux/system/printing directory

1. Printcap for Canon BJ-200

I just purchased a Canon BJ-200 printer for my computer and am having trouble
finding a printcap file for it.  If there is anyone out there that may have
one or knows were to get one,  I'd appreciate it.  Also,  if there are any other
files or filters or whatever that may make my printer run more efficently I'd
appreciate it if you'd let me know.

Thanks for your time in this matter.

---
Jaroslaw Knap
Arizona State University
Tempe, AZ
phone: (602) 965 3604
fax  : (602) 965 1384

2. YPBINDPROC_DOMAIN: Domain not bound

3. Canon BJ-200 & Linux?

4. IDE OOPS in latest BK

5. printcap entry for Canon BJ-200??

6. Connecting NT and Linux Servers?!?

7. Canon BJ-200??

8. Booting Linux with Win2000 bootloader

9. Ghostview and Canon BJ-200

10. Canon BJ-200 printcap..

11. Ghostscript and Canon BJ-200

12. Canon BJ-200 Driver?