SCSI CDROM not detect

Post by Vincent Y » Fri, 28 Jul 1995 04:00:00

Hi

        I have a sound Blaster 16 SCSI sound card with a Compaq SCSI cdrom
attach to it. The SB is using IRQ 7. When I try to install Yggdrasil
Fall 1994 version Linux, it said "0 scsi host detected". However, I
can successfully install it if I connect my cdrom to my NCR53c810 SCSI
controller card. (PCI IRQ5), whats problem?

My computer
--------------------
486 DX2-66 overdrive
540 M Quantum Harddrive
SB 16 SCSI using irq 7
NCR53c810 SCSI controller card (PCI) using irq 5.
Compaq SCSI cdrom
ATI mach64 WinTurbo

Thanks

1. SCSI CDROM not detect

Hi

        I have a sound Blaster 16 SCSI sound card with a Compaq SCSI cdrom
attach to it. The SB is using IRQ 7. When I try to install Yggdrasil
Fall 1994 version Linux, it said "0 scsi host detected". However, I
can successfully install it if I connect my cdrom to my NCR53c810 SCSI
controller card. (PCI IRQ5), whats problem?

My computer
--------------------
486 DX2-66 overdrive
540 M Quantum Harddrive
SB 16 SCSI using irq 7
NCR53c810 SCSI controller card (PCI) using irq 5.
Compaq SCSI cdrom
ATI mach64 WinTurbo

Thanks

2. rawrite can't make bootdisk

3. SCSI-CDROM Media change not detected! (generic scsi!)

4. winhelp in linux

5. CDROM (SCSI) Installation Problem, Block Device not Detected

6. Print filters ??

7. CDROM not Detected..well of course not..Help

8. unable to telnet to server

9. SCSI cdom: device not detected and iso9660 not supported?

10. scsi probe problems, 7 CDROM detected when there is one

11. RH6.1 won't detect SCSI CDROM

12. SCSI CDROM detected as disk

13. Sanyo cdrom won't work with linux while SCSI controler is detected