kill/killall

Post by Wesley Tanak » Thu, 11 Jan 1996 04:00:00

Can someone explain this to me?

Quote:>killall -KILL

KILL: unknown signal; killall -l lists signals.

Quote:>killall -l
>kill -l

HUP INT QUIT ILL TRAP IOT FPE KILL USR1 SEGV USR2 PIPE ALRM TERM CHLD
CONT STOP TSTP TTIN TTOU WINCH

(oh, killall -9 works fine)

I'm using procps .97 and tcsh

how can I get the signal list in killall?

Hefe-a a Dey!
Bork Bork Bork!

Wesley Tanaka

http://www.ugcs.caltech.edu/~wtanaka

1. killall -CONT & killall -STOP

Is there any explanation why killall -STOP is NOT pausing the process,
but killall -CONT is stopping it?

When I type 'killall -STOP mpg321' nothing happens. When I type
'killall -CONT mpg321' it says:

And I can't get it to play again.

Any ideas why this is happening? Do I need to fork something?

Thanks,
Doug

2. linux with Terratec Maestro 32/96

3. Kill a process with a partial name (killall *dip* ???)

4. netatalk Does Linux Grievous Harm

5. killall or kill from script via cron

6. Apache wishlist

7. killall ppd kills X

8. Q: Environment Variables?

9. KILL KILL KILL

10. Kill COREL; Kill COREL; Kill COREL; ...

11. A method to kill process that cannot be killed even with `kill -9'.

12. How to kill process which not killed by 'kill' ?

13. killall