Help, I can setup up my modem use more then 19200bps

Help, I can setup up my modem use more then 19200bps

Post by Derek T » Wed, 18 Sep 1996 04:00:00

I need help on how to config linux to use higher speed (>19200bps).
Currenty I setup a Linux Server in office and use dial-in access from my
home.I can only use up to 19200bps to access the linux otherwise garbage
appear.

My hardware is:
ASUS P5 motherboard with two 16550 serial port (modem connect to COM2)
US Robotics VI 33.6 modem

I also add these lines into Linux config files:

in /etc/gettydefs

#F38400

in /etc/inittab
S1:3:respawn:/sbin/uugetty ttyS1 F38400 vt100

in /etc/rc.d/rc.local
/bin/stty crtscts < dev.cua1
/bin/setserial /dev/cua1 spd_vhi

in /etc/conf.uugetty.ttyS1
ALTLOCK=cua1
ALTLINE=cua1
INITLINE=cua1
TIMEOUT=60
init="" ATZ0\r OK\r\n
WAIFFOR=RING
CONNECT="" ATA\r CONNECT\s\A
Delay=2

Please HELP!

Many Thanks

Best Rgds.
Derek To

1. HELP, I can not set the modem speed higher then 19200bps

I need help on how to config linux to use higher speed (>19200bps).
Currenty I setup a Linux Server in office and use dial-in access from my
home.I can only use up to 19200bps to access the linux otherwise garbage
appear.

My hardware is:

Linux Server
ASUS P5 motherboard with two 16550 serial port (modem connect to COM2)
US Robotics VI 33.6 modem

Window95
ASUS P5 Mother board & US Robotics VI 33.6 modem

Linux Using : Readhat 3.0.3

I also add these lines into Linux config files:

in /etc/gettydefs

#F38400

in /etc/inittab
S1:3.respawn:/sbin/uugetty ttyS1 F38400 vt100

in /etc/rc.d/rc.local
/bin/stty crtscts < /dev/cua1
/bin/setserial /dev/cua1 spd_vhi

2. Ghosting / Backup

3. Shape Ups,Men's Shape Ups,Men's Skechers Shape Ups - new styles!

4. Installing 3.3 *without* boot floppies?

5. UPS - software driver for the APC Smart UPS - 600 (Please HELP )

6. run a job on both processors of a bi-processor xeon

7. HELP MODEM SETUP!!! Global Village Teleport Modem 56K

8. New HDD copy; using "Drive Copy" program (W98) to dupe Linux

9. Modem setup help, modem makes weird noise, will not dial.

10. setup help for optiplus 280e ups

11. Modem, modem, modem, ... setup

12. Help! Help on Modem Setup in RH6.1

13. mandrake 6.2 modem setup/using bash