DIP: Error following kernel re-compilation (v 1.2.13)

DIP: Error following kernel re-compilation (v 1.2.13)

Post by S.R.Mar » Fri, 29 Dec 1995 04:00:00

Hi,   I hope someone can help me with this little problem !

I have re-compiled my kernel (Linux version 1.2.13) to include sound card
support. No apparent problems with the compilation and sound card works OK.
However, I now have a problem with 'dip'.
Having started dip (using XXX.dip script), my system connects to the remote server and everything
apperars to be OK. A few seconds after establishing the connection, the following message
appears:
        "SIOCSIFFLAGS: No such device"
and any attempts to telnet, ftp etc. results in: "Unable to connect: Network is unreachable".
I have compared dmesg's for both new and old kernels and PPP, SLIP and IP protocol messages are
the same so I'm pretty sure that I have compiled all necessary drivers etc.

Does "SIOCSIFFLAGS" mean anything to anyone ???

Hope someone can help :-)
Stewart Marsh

BTW I haven't read all articles for a while so I appologise if I'm going over old ground ;-)

1. Kernel 1.2.13 and ELF Compilation

Hi there,

Well, I was just wondering if anyone knows of any __good__ patches and
or ways of getting kernel 1.2.13 to compile using an ELF compiler.

There are a few files at sunsite .... but ..... after reading the docs
in that package it needs some other files and things and one of these
files (encaps) cannot be found anywhere on the sunsite ftp server.

Any ideas or pointers.....

Regards
Luke

2. RH6.0 setup can't handle partition table with Disk Manager

3. Compilation error while rebuilding 1.2.13 elf

4. NMIS (Network Management Information System); Sending Alerts

5. Unsuccessfull custom kernel 1.2.13 compilations..help!

6. samba with NFS

7. Linux 1.2.13 kernel compilation problems

8. Recognizing IDE CD-ROM Drive

9. can't run dip in kernel 1.2.13

10. strange problems 1.2.13 --> 2.0.0 --> 1.2.13

11. iBCS module error between kernel 1.2.13, 1.3.80 & 2.0.0

12. Error Compiling Kernel 1.2.13 on Slackeware 3.00

13. sz/rz got CRC errors under slackware 3.00 w kernel 1.2.13