Corel Linux install--Windows 98 boots, Linux doesn't

Corel Linux install--Windows 98 boots, Linux doesn't

Post by AlexKir » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Did you see the "linux" prompt?
If yes try to print:
dos - to load Windows
linux - to load Linux

Regards,
Alex Kirkovsky

Post by David D. Roge » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

[...]

Post by drog.. » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hi Alex,

Thanks for replying. No, there was no "linux" prompt, and nothing to
suggest that I'd even done an installation, except for lost disk space
and 30 minutes gone from my life <g>. After installing, my PC booted up
Windows 98 as if nothing happened. I'm now going to look for the files
that the Corel Linux install placed on my drive and remove them.

I'm kind of dubious that I'm the only one who's experienced this
problem, but I haven't found anyone who has.

Any clue as to what happened?

Thanks,

<> David

> Did you see the "linux" prompt?
> If yes try to print:
> dos - to load Windows
> linux - to load Linux

> Regards,
> Alex Kirkovsky

> | Hello,
> |
> | Sorry if this question has been answered before, but I couldn't
find any
> | answers through Deja.com, or on Corel Linux's web site.
> |
> | I've "installed" the freeware Corel Linux in a partition on my C:
drive
> | (where it's definately taking up real estate, I just don't know
where).
> | Anyway, after the install program went through the 1/2 hour
procedure, I
> | removed the install floppy, instructed my computer to restart,
which it
> | dutifully did... loading Windows 98. I can't find a way to get my
computer
> | to boot up with Linux; and once I do that, I need to know how to
boot
> | Windows 98 again. I think I'm probably missing something really
obvious,
> | but I don't know what. :/ At the same time, I'm sure I'm not the
first
> | person to experience this problem.
> |
> | Can anyone help me with this, and tell me if there's anything else
I've
> | missed or should do? Here are some of my stats, though they are so
common
> | that I'm not sure any of them make a difference:
> |
> | AMD K6-II 450 mHz
> | 64 MB RAM
> | 13 GB HD
> | Windows 98 OSR2
> | Corel Linux (Most basic version, downloaded from Corel, burned onto
a CD
> | from .iso image)
> |

> | Thanks,
> |

> | <> David
> | -----------
> | "They were delightful... I mean, if they're not eating you, they're
very
> |   pleasant people."
> | --James Michener on the *s of New Hebrides
> |
> | Have you visited http://www.veryComputer.com/
> | Remove "spamjam." from address to reply.

Before you buy.

1. how to create 98 boot image in linux thro' 98 backup

sir,
 I am having redhat linux 6.2 and having win 98 SE backup in my hard
disk. Now the problem is i want to create the boot floppy for win 98
SE
which i can do only in linux . I know that i can't use the win 98
command the only thing i can do is that i can use "dd"
 for using dd i need the boot image of win 98. Is there any boot image
availabe in win 98 SE CDROM . Please help me to
"create 98 SE boot floppy from linux ".Please do n't say me to copy
the image from other boot disk . Use all the above constraints to help
me

2. installing xntpd?

3. Corel Linux and Windows 98

4. Adding 2.nd IP-Adress(alias)

5. Corel Linux install halts at 98% Complete

6. Help! XFree86_Mach64 and ATI Xpert98 card

7. Installing Windows 98 after installing Linux

8. Help on adding a device!!!

9. Corel Linux doesn't seem to install corectly - HELP ME please

10. Linux Firewall to Win 98: Email doesn't work, WWW does

11. Windows 98 doesn't run from GRUB

12. Windows 98 crashes at COMDEX '98

13. *Newbie* Linux/Windows 98 Dual Boot