uugetty and reply after the 6th ring

Post by Jarkko Lavin » Thu, 08 Aug 1996 04:00:00

I am trying to share a card modem with voide line at the office. The modem is
programed S0=6 so it replies after the sixth. The idea is simply to be able
to call the machine from home at irregular times. Right now I have following
entries in /etc/default/uugetty.ttyS2
  ALTLOCK=cua2
  TIMEOUT=60
  INITLINE=cua2
  WAITFOR=RING
  CONNECT="" CONNECT\s\A
  INIT="" \d+++\dAT\r OK\r\n ATH0\r OK\r\n AT\sM0\sE1\sQ0\sV1\sX4\sS0=6\r OK\r\n
  DELAY=1

And at the /etc/gettydefs:

At inittab:   s3:45:respawn:/sbin/uugetty ttyS2 F38400 vt100

The system is a Slackware with 1.2.2 kernel. At rc.serial there is a line:
  {SETSERIAL} /dev/cua2 irq 5 skip_test spd_vhi autoconfig

This setup fails often. If modem replies after 6th call, there is a great
risk that getty locks the line after the connection and I modem won't answer
until i have restarted uugetty. Have I misconfigure uugetty or should I use
some other getty instead?

        Jarkko Lavinen

1. uugetty answering at 3-th ring

Hello,

How can I setup uugetty to answer at third ring not first ?

I couldn't find anything in TFM  :)

If I cancel WAITFOR=RING and set ATS0=3 in INIT string the
modem do not answer at all.

The mgetty have an option "-n #". Does uugetty have something similar
or it will always answer the first ring ?

TIA

Ryurick

2. Help needed: Palmsync - gcc errors

3. How do I get uugetty to answer after 4 rings?

4. Pine 3.95

5. Help with uugetty ring back

6. Monitor

7. UUGETTY detects hangup signal when phone rings!

8. preventing .htaccess to be applied recursively

9. Q #2 uugetty hook off after X RINGS

10. token ring token ring token ring

11. Matrox Mystique ands X.

12. Informix problems afters Y2K Solaris 2.5 patch

13. callback, ppp, and morning-afters