the price was right!

Post by larry Herm » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

a buddy of mine  gave  me  a nec versa notebook with one  problem  it
wont  run the  hard drive  sounds like its  running  but the  setting
change every time  i try to boot  im  fairly new  at  this  so  my
question  is   where  do  i  start?
all  help will be  appreciated

says...

I admire your passion, Chris..

The only issues which have kept myself from looking seriously at Linux
would be:

* It's Unix and the learning curve to start getting productive strikes me
as probably very steep

* It doesn't support plug-and-play.  If your hardware doesn't have Linux
drivers, it don't play..

* Not nearly the amount of developers out there doing stuff for Linux as
there are for Wintel.  Can I get MS Office for Linux?  Can I get
Photoshop for Linux?  Can I get QuarkXpress for Linux? etc.. a big turn
off for me.

--
Reuben King
Email: "reuben at texas dot net" (in plain english to foil spam-bots.

2. wincrap

3. Can I add RAID 1 (mirror) to an existing drive?

4. Am I touchy? Or am I right?

5. Kernel 1.1.19 doesnt work w. Pocket LAN Adapter, compto DE 600

6. Right price for P75/24MB used Linux/NT workstation?

7. Console sleep mode

8. Shutdown problems...am I doing it right?

9. Why am I not getting the right port number?

10. ipchains filter - am i doing this right? (Sorry)

11. ipchains filter - am i doing this right?

12. RedHat 5.2 dialler - am i doing it right ?