Has anyone gotten linux to work on Acer780CX(portable)

Has anyone gotten linux to work on Acer780CX(portable)

Post by Sherman Hsie » Tue, 23 May 1995 04:00:00

I am in the process of getting linux installed on my portable. I just
like to know if anyone got one to work.Thanks for any input.

Post by pa.. » Fri, 02 Jun 1995 04:00:00

>  I am in the process of getting linux installed on my portable. I just
>  like to know if anyone got one to work.Thanks for any input.

I'm very proud to announce to the world that I've finally managed to succesfully install Linux
and "X"  -  thats right X on my Compaq Contura 410c.

* of a job though but it can be done. Any probs and I'll be glad to advise some of my
small pool of wisdom.

Justin Parry-Okeden

Post by Bung » Fri, 02 Jun 1995 04:00:00

: I am in the process of getting linux installed on my portable. I just
: like to know if anyone got one to work.Thanks for any input.

Well I have an Ergolite S4 (ICL/Fujitsu) which I think is an Acer

It works real nice - but I want to know how to program the bios from
linux :O(

-Bungie!!
--
-------------------------<: Usual Disclaimer :>-------------------------
 Alias ---> Paul Hedderly    ! `Bishoftu' 110 Boundary Road, Carshalton

                             !  or        95 Lawrence Street, York
                             !            YO1 3DZ 01904 431 588
:>---------------------------------------------------------<+><-------<:
:>--------------------------------------------------------------------<:

1. having trouble getting sound working...

G'day,

just installed Mandrake 8.2 on a Toshiba laptop - it has
a Yamaha OPL3-SA3 soundcard in it.

Well you guessed it, no sound; the mp3 player starts and the
display bounces like it's playing, the CD player counts ok,
VCDs play without sound...
Please "give me a clue"(tm) as to where to start.
I'm totally new at this, and kind of overwhelmed by the amount
of reading to be done [even for the basics! :) ]

I went straight to the Mandrake site and searched on "sound"
- it said to do lspcidrake at the command prompt: no listing
of any sound card. No surprise there, I suppose.
Reading further, [search for troubleshooting] leads to another
doc: "Troubleshooting sound of music" which says to do a
command "sndconfig"
But that returns a "command not found".

Digging into the sound-howto doc leads me to look at my
/lib/modules/2.4.4/kernel/drivers/sound/
[although of course in my case it's actually
/lib/modules/2.4.18-6mdk/kernel/drivers/sound/ ] to see if my
soundcard is there; it's not.

At this stage [do I need to be rebuilding the kernel?] I thought
I'd appeal to the greater wisdom - hopefully someone else has
been through this already, any hints or pointers will be very
very much appreciated.

TIA :)

--

Piano and Synthesizer                 http://www.merlinzener.com
Noosa, Australia

"No-one ever went blind from looking on the bright side of life"

2. Dual CD-ROMs

3. Having trouble getting inbound telnet to work properly (updated)

4. Linux with two Ethernet Cards as a router?

5. Has anyone gotten a SIIG Soundwave 1000 Soundcard to work under Linux?

6. Did anyone compile imlib in solaris?

7. anyone gotten linux-rvplayer5 to work?

8. How to save a jpeg file as a backdrop (wallpaper)?

9. Having trouble getting 3D apps to work

10. Anyone gotten Dimage to work with Linux

11. I'm having some trouble getting a PCMCIA card to work properly

12. Has anyone gotten Gigabyte 586-AT to work with NCR53c810 & Linux?

13. Has anyone gotten Real-Audio 3.0 working on Linux ?