Httpd sometimes hangs.

Post by Giacomo B » Thu, 14 May 1998 04:00:00

Hello,
 my name is Giacomo my server is a pentium 166 Ram 32Mb. I have this
problem. Sometimes my httpd hangs, i.e. sometimes, without any reason, the
server doesn't give all web pages that stay in my domain and in my virtual
domains. In these moments if I ask another web page that doen't stay in my
server i are able to see it. I have any idea what happen in these moments. I
could be some perl script that stop the httpd? I'll be very happy if you
help me.
Sorry for my English.

Ciao Giacomo

P.S. I have seen that in my server there are three httpd processes that
running in same moment

Httpd sometimes hangs.

Post by Brian Mill » Thu, 14 May 1998 04:00:00

Before I can help...a question:
which httpd server are you using?
Netscape? Apache? NCSA?

Brian

Quote:>Hello,
> my name is Giacomo my server is a pentium 166 Ram 32Mb. I have this
>problem. Sometimes my httpd hangs, i.e. sometimes, without any reason, the
>server doesn't give all web pages that stay in my domain and in my virtual
>domains. In these moments if I ask another web page that doen't stay in my
>server i are able to see it. I have any idea what happen in these moments. I
>could be some perl script that stop the httpd? I'll be very happy if you
>help me.
>Sorry for my English.

>Ciao Giacomo

>P.S. I have seen that in my server there are three httpd processes that
>running in same moment

Httpd sometimes hangs.

Post by Giacomo B » Sat, 16 May 1998 04:00:00

Brian Miller ha scritto nel messaggio ...

Quote:

>Before I can help...a question:
>which httpd server are you using?
>Netscape? Apache? NCSA?

I use Apache 1.1.1-11 version

1. CERN httpd sometimes sleeps

Hi. We have a CERN httpd 3.0 using libwww 2.17 on Linux 1.2.8.
Sometimes the web server does not respond to anyone who wants to
connect if he is using the proxy. If in the browser the proxy option is
deleted then it can access the server.
After some hours the demon start to work properly on its own.
Do you have some ideas?

Thank you
        Andrea Marchionni

2. Problem with hard disk

3. CERN httpd sometimes is not killed

4. "No more processes": HELP!!!!!!!!!!

5. Sometimes the Euro works, sometimes it doesn't.

6. Call for Papers on Privacy and Technology

7. Hmmm...sometimes it prints, sometimes it doesn't...

8. Printer Accounting.

9. linux sometimes DOES and sometimes DOESN'T power off on shutdown

10. Modem: Sometimes I hear it, sometimes I don't

11. ErrorDocument directive sometimes works - sometimes not??

12. SCSI <-> 1.2GB MO Sometimes works, sometimes doesn't

13. PPP connects sometimes...sometimes not