Apache server public_html access

Post by Yidao Ca » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I am running Redhat 6.0 and Apache 1.3.  It was able to access files
from /home/httpd/html/ directory but not from /home/user/public_html/
using /~user/ (error message:  Forbidden You don't have permission to
access /~cai/ on this server).
I tried to  put a "<Directory public_html> allow from all ...", it did
not
help.

Thanks for any help.

cai

Apache server public_html access

Post by Raymonds Doetje » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

The directory should be world readable
change it into this chmod -R 644 dirname

Raymond

> I am running Redhat 6.0 and Apache 1.3.  It was able to access files
> from /home/httpd/html/ directory but not from /home/user/public_html/
> using /~user/ (error message:  Forbidden You don't have permission to
> access /~cai/ on this server).
> I tried to  put a "<Directory public_html> allow from all ...", it did
> not
> help.

> Thanks for any help.

> cai

Apache server public_html access

Post by Yidao Ca » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

> The directory should be world readable
> change it into this chmod -R 644 dirname

Thanks, the public_html directory is world readable, but the user home
was not (due to Redhat's private group). It workls after changing the
permission for the user home directory.

cai

1. apache access to public_html directory of user with umlaut in his name

Hi,
I have some users here with umlaut-chars in their names like ??. I cannot change their names due to
the NT-Domain Controller responsible for the user logons. Those users cannot connect to their
public_html directory. I suppose this is due to the recoding of these special chars. Is there any
option in httpd.conf for handling the character conversion?

thank you

Roland

2. Disksuite 0+1 OR 1+0 ?

3. How do I tell apache to grant access to public_html?

4. what cd's do I need to install solaris 10

5. Apache - accessing user (public_html) dir.

6. linux-2.4.19-pre3 ... *** Unresolved symbols

7. Apache not allowing access to /home/username/public_html

8. /var/log/message ?

9. public_html access with apache

10. Can't access public_html with Apache

11. Apache 2.0 : public_html access problem

12. "Can't Access Web Page" trying to access Apache Server

13. Can't access public_html directory