Sendmail/Printer Daemon take forever to finish on boot

Sendmail/Printer Daemon take forever to finish on boot

Post by Mi nomb » Sun, 17 May 1998 04:00:00

        I know this has to do with hostname being fully qualified.
I was on an ethernet last week but now the machine is using PPP
dialup, though it still has the ethernet card in it.

So basically this started happening when it left the network it was
on.

What do I have to edit to fix this?

Post by Jason Cliffor » Tue, 19 May 1998 04:00:00

>         I know this has to do with hostname being fully qualified.
> I was on an ethernet last week but now the machine is using PPP
> dialup, though it still has the ethernet card in it.

> So basically this started happening when it left the network it was
> on.

> What do I have to edit to fix this?

Look at your /etc/resolv.conf. You need to be pointing to a dns server
or hosts file on your local system
--
Jason Clifford
Genesis Linux Systems

1. Sendmail 8.9.3 and makemap which takes a long time to finish

Hi,

I just installed sendmail 8.9.3 on FreeBSD 3.3.

Quite often, I am hashing access file with :

/usr/sbin/makemap hash /etc/mail/access < /etc/mail/access

Usually, that hashing is immediate but if I lauch the hashing command several
times consecutively, sometimes it hangs during several minutes even if the
machine is not loaded.
I don't stop or restart sendmail when doing that hashing since it is not
supposed to be necessary. The access contains 500 entries and the same problem
occurs with virtusertable. I tried sendmail 8.9.3 provided by FreeBSD 3.3 and
sendmail 8.9.3 compiled by gcc 2.7.2.3.

Any idea about that problem ?           Thanks in advance for your help.

Gildas.
--

FranceNet, 28 rue Desaix, 75015 Paris ---_ \<,_
http://www.francenet.fr            ---- (_)/ (_)

2. Xlib Programming Manual for beginners

3. The sendmail command takes 60 seconds to finish ??????????

4. How does lint work?

5. sendmail takes ages to finish on bootup

6. NT apps freezing when simultateously accessed by 95

7. Help -- boot takes forever!!!

8. questions on handler driver in GPIB (HP SICL)

9. takes forever to boot

10. Cachefs takes forever to boot...

11. Solaris boot taking forever....

12. Help! printer daemon forks forever