Registration Number for Corel WordPerfect8 for Linux

Registration Number for Corel WordPerfect8 for Linux

Post by Dave C » Fri, 19 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Some versions of WordPerfect 8 do not require a license (or a
registration number) to install.  About the only difference, AFAIK, is
that Corel doesn't support the non-licensed copies.  Oddly, the
installation program still asks for the number, but doesn't *require*
it.  See if it will install leaving the registration number field blank.
I read elsewhere that the Linux version of WordPerfect 8 will only work
for X number of days, and then you have to register with Corel.  I'm not
sure whether this is true or not, but if what I read is true, they don't
charge you to register.  They just want to make sure that it's for
personal use.  -Dave

On hotmail dot com, I am user "davec2".

Quote:> At the Corel booth at LinuxWorld in San Jose a couple of weeks ago I
got
> the Personal Edition of WordPerfect8 for LInux.  It was a freebie.
> However when I go to install it I'm asked to enter the Registration
> number.  I didn't receive any registration number.

> Has anyone else successfully loaded their free copies?  Do you have to
> get your registration number from Corel?  I'd like to test this out.
If

Post by j » Sat, 20 Mar 1999 04:00:00

> At the Corel booth at LinuxWorld in San Jose a couple of weeks ago I got
> the Personal Edition of WordPerfect8 for LInux.  It was a freebie.
> However when I go to install it I'm asked to enter the Registration
> number.  I didn't receive any registration number.

> Has anyone else successfully loaded their free copies?  Do you have to
> get your registration number from Corel?  I'd like to test this out.  If
> anyone has gotten this figured out please let me know.  Thanks in
> advance.

> Mike

try www.corel.com
you need to register to get the registration number.

Registration Number for Corel WordPerfect8 for Linux

Post by Michael Carmod » Sun, 21 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Thanks J,

For others who have the same problem, the URL is:

        http://linux.corel.com

Your registration is processed and you get the registration number
immediately after filling out a questionaire.

Mike

> > At the Corel booth at LinuxWorld in San Jose a couple of weeks ago I got
> > the Personal Edition of WordPerfect8 for LInux.  It was a freebie.
> > However when I go to install it I'm asked to enter the Registration
> > number.  I didn't receive any registration number.

> > Has anyone else successfully loaded their free copies?  Do you have to
> > get your registration number from Corel?  I'd like to test this out.  If
> > anyone has gotten this figured out please let me know.  Thanks in
> > advance.

> > Mike

> try www.corel.com
> you need to register to get the registration number.

1. Corel WordPerfect8 install...easy!

A couple of evenings ago I installed Corel WordPerfect 8 for Linux on
my Slackware 3.4 (2.0.30 kernel) system.  It worked first time,
including printing to the Canon laser on my wife's Win95 box using
SAMBA.

The only thing I had to do "special" was create a GoodStuff button for
it!

Good job, Corel...now, about QuattroPro & Draw???

Cheers, Bob

--
<> Robert Geer & Donna Tomky  |               *             <>

<> Salt Lake City, Utah  USA  |   O/ O     __ /__,    />    <>

2. Linux with boot magic

3. Corel Wordperfect8 Personal Edition

4. Platforms supported

5. WordPerfect 8.0 for Linux Registration Number.

6. Color problem

7. Kill COREL; Kill COREL; Kill COREL; ...

8. problem setting up a PCMCIA CD-ROM

9. SunRPC/ONC-RPC program number registration

10. Wordperfect8 for Linux

11. Trouble with WordPerfect8 on Linux

12. hard space in WordPerfect8 for Linux

13. Number Nine....Number Nine....Number Nine