Slackware 3.0 auto logout timeout

Post by Michael Qu » Tue, 14 May 1996 04:00:00

Good morning.  I just installed Slackware 3.0 and am running 1.3.20.  I've
noticed if I am idle for a certain period of time, I get 'auto logout'.
What file controls the duration of this timeout?  I am unable to find it.

This feature must be new because my previous OS version did not have this.

Thanks,
Michael

Post by Steve Bro » Wed, 15 May 1996 04:00:00

>Good morning.  I just installed Slackware 3.0 and am running 1.3.20.  I've
>noticed if I am idle for a certain period of time, I get 'auto logout'.
>What file controls the duration of this timeout?  I am unable to find it.

>This feature must be new because my previous OS version did not have this.

Sounds like a tcsh problem.  What shell were you running?
If you are running tcsh, put "unset autologout" in your .login
I am sure you could change the auto logout time, check out the tcsh
man page.

--
steve