redhat 4.0 to 5.0 problem

Post by Clau » Mon, 11 May 1998 04:00:00

Hi

I just upgraded from 4.0 to 5.0 ( RedHat ) and I have a problem now.
My network settings are still the same but my machine is only accessable
from on-campus and not off-campus.
I have to type the following line:
route add default gw netcomgw ( which is our provider )
But even when I sync the machine and reboot, the settings are gone after
the reboot.
I never had any problem like this before,I configured it once and it
worked and STAYED :)
HELP...please e-mail me ...

thanks

claus

1. redhat 4.0 to 5.0 problem

Hi

I just upgraded from 4.0 to 5.0 ( RedHat ) and I have a problem now.
My network settings are still the same but my machine is only accessable
from on-campus and not off-campus.
I have to type the following line:
route add default gw netcomgw ( which is our provider )
But even when I sync the machine and reboot, the settings are gone after
the reboot.
I never had any problem like this before,I configured it once and it
worked and STAYED :)
HELP...please e-mail me ...

thanks

claus

2. Kernel 2.0 support for EtherExpress PRO/100?

3. accessing W2k shares from Linux?

4. Realplayer 5.0/Redhat 4.0 problems...

5. Need some help with Linux 2000?

6. redhat 5.0 <----> NT 4.0 problems.

7. 'lo' & 'eth0' devices inactive: how come ?

8. Redhat 5.0 Installing with NT 4.0, Win 95 Partition Table Problems

9. Problem installing Staroffice 4.0 on Redhat 5.0

10. NT 4.0 and RedHat Linux 5.0

11. Please help: Dual boot NT 4.0 & RedHat 5.0

12. Star Office 4.0 and RedHat 5.0