RedHat Support in terms of AHA78XX controllers

RedHat Support in terms of AHA78XX controllers

Post by Stuart Morto » Thu, 28 Aug 1997 04:00:00

Does RedHat have any documentation online or if you buy their software
directly that provides instructions for installing Linux on a computer
that has a CDROM that uses the AHA78XX controller?

Thank you for reading and responding,

Stuart
--

Post by Ashwin Biha » Thu, 28 Aug 1997 04:00:00

> Does RedHat have any documentation online or if you buy their software
> directly that provides instructions for installing Linux on a computer
> that has a CDROM that uses the AHA78XX controller?

Point your web browser to my homepage(address in sig below) Click on the
Linux pages and then General Info..scroll down to the Redhat section..and you
will find their Manual..for 4.2..the URL is too long to remember..:) Regards

|Ashwin Bihari                              University of Massachusetts Lowell|

| NOTE: The address above has the words SPAMSUCKS, please reply to the address|
|       in this box, if you have to at all!                                   |
\-----------------------------------------------------------------------------/

1. New HOWTO....HOWTO-Hose-RedHat-Installation (help!)

Boy, my early experiences with ELF format and RedHat's RPM format
hasn't been positive.  I wanted to upgrade my shiny new Linux
installation (the GCC stuff), so I ran 'rpm -U' on the following rpm
packages:
gcc-2.7.2-1.i386.rpm
libc-static-5.2.18-1.i386.rpm
libc-profile-5.2.18-1.i386.rpm
libc-include-5.2.18-1.i386.rpm
libc-devel-5.2.18-1.i386.rpm
libc-5.2.18-1.i386.rpm

(In that order, I believe)

Anyway, rebooting now gives me:

/sbin/getty: can't load library libtermcap.so.2

repeatedly.  No bootup :-(

Am I doing something wrong, or am I putting entirely too much trust in
the RPM utility?

Any suggestions on how to fix?

--
     The free Ada 95 Booch Components: http://www.ocsystems.com/booch
  For those brave enough...my homepage is at http://www.dfw.net/~dweller

2. Installing RPM's

3. Problem "beyond the ability" of redhat support =) -- telnet and redhat 6.0

4. .SND to .AU converter

5. Tracking RedHat updates without a RedHat support contract

6. Unable to install OpenBSD version 2.4

7. lynx with term support ?

8. 2.4.2 & eepro100

9. Mosaic binary wanted WITHOUT term support.

10. Looking for X-based news reader with Term support.

11. does term support mounting the remote file system?

12. Term Support for httpd

13. Linux doom with TERM support... (continuing)