Help w/ INN

Post by jeffrey michael die » Tue, 27 Jun 1995 04:00:00

Hi all.  I'm still having problems getting my news system to work.  I
have dloaded all of the source for INN and got it to compile without
incedent.

It seems that I am unable to post to any of my groups.  When I Pnews, I get:

Article not accepted by server; not posted.
Can't send connect request to server, Connection refused

But when I telnet aurora 119, I get:

Connected to aurora.
Escape character is '^]'.
200 aurora.knirsch.de InterNetNews NNRP server INN 1.4 20-Mar-93 ready
(posting
ok).

I don't know why INN thinks my FQDN is aurora.knirsch.de, but I think my
problem is related....

I have *:Read Post:::* in my /usr/local/news/nnrp.access file and I have
localhost:
aurora:
aurora.com:

in my hosts.nntp file.  What gives?